Say hello to my dream meal.
I’m convinced I could eat this every day for the rest of my life and never tire of it. Who’s with me!?
The base of this bowl is my go-to parsley, tomato, and onion salad with a simple dressing of lemon juice, olive oil, and sea salt. It takes 5 minutes and I make it at least once a week for falafel night.
Yes, we have falafel night and it’s the highlight of my week. Don’t judge.
Speaking of falafel, this is my favorite recipe at the moment. It’s absolutely perfect in texture and flavor, and comes together faster than most traditional falafel thanks to a quick-soak bean method! Shortcuts for the win.
To keep this bowl a 30-minute recipe, I make these falafel ahead of time and pan-fry them as needed! Best life hack ever, and I always have falafel ready to go when I need them.
I hope you guys LOVE this recipe! It’s:
& SO delicious
This is the perfect meal when you’re craving something vegetable-packed with some serious staying power. One bowl (of 2) boasts more than 25 grams of protein and 22 grams of fiber! Now that’s a lot of plant power.
If you try this recipe let us know! We love seeing your comments, ratings and your photos tagged #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
The Ultimate Mediterranean Bowl
- 2 cups fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin (or regular) olive oil (optional)
- First prepare falafel by following this 30-Minute Kale Falafel recipe (or this Classic Vegan Falafel recipe for more traditional falafel, although more time consuming). You will need ~10 falafel total, so adjust amounts accordingly. You can also, prepare your falafel ahead of time and keep it uncooked in the freezer. To cook, thaw and cook per recipe instructions for easy, weeknight meals.
- Prepare the parsley salad by adding parsley, tomato, onion, lemon juice, salt and olive oil (optional) to a medium mixing bowl and tossing to combine. Set aside.
- To serve, divide parsley salad between serving bowls and top with hummus, olives, and desired number of falafel (we recommend ~4-5 per bowl).
- Serve with additional sauce of choice (optional) – we prefer our 3-Ingredient Tahini Sauce! We also add some fresh lemon juice, chili garlic sauce, and pita on the side (also optional).
- Best when fresh! Store leftovers covered in the fridge up to 2-3 days. Store and reheat falafel separately.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with tahini sauce, ~4 falafel per serving, ~1/4 cup hummus per serving, ~6 olives per serving, and without chili garlic sauce or garlic dill sauce.