Say hello to my dream meal.
I’m convinced I could eat this every day for the rest of my life and never tire of it. Who’s with me!?
The base of this bowl is my go-to parsley, tomato, and onion salad with a simple dressing of lemon juice, olive oil, and sea salt. It takes 5 minutes and I make it at least once a week for falafel night.
Yes, we have falafel night and it’s the highlight of my week. Don’t judge.
Speaking of falafel, this is my favorite recipe at the moment. It’s absolutely perfect in texture and flavor, and comes together faster than most traditional falafel thanks to a quick-soak bean method! Shortcuts for the win.
To keep this bowl a 30-minute recipe, I make these falafel ahead of time and pan-fry them as needed! Best life hack ever, and I always have falafel ready to go when I need them.
I hope you guys LOVE this recipe! It’s:
& SO delicious
This is the perfect meal when you’re craving something vegetable-packed with some serious staying power. One bowl (of 2) boasts more than 25 grams of protein and 22 grams of fiber! Now that’s a lot of plant power.
If you try this recipe let us know! We love seeing your comments, ratings and your photos tagged #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
- 1/2 batch Classic Vegan Falafel (see notes for substitutions)
- 2 cups (120 g) fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup (90 g) diced tomato
- 1/4 cup (40 g) diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- Pinch sea salt
- optional: 1 Tbsp (15 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- First prepare falafel by following this recipe. You will only need 12 falafel, which is about 1/2 of the recipe. I like to make a batch ahead of time and keep them uncooked in my freezer so I just have to slightly thaw and pan-fry them when I want a Mediterranean Bowl! This keeps prep/cook time under 30 minutes.
- Prepare the parsley salad by adding parsley, tomato, onion, lemon juice, salt and olive oil (optional) to a medium mixing bowl and tossing to combine. Set aside.
- To serve, divide salad greens and parsley salad between two serving bowls and top with hummus, olives, 6 falafel each and tahini sauce. I also prefer some fresh lemon juice and chili garlic sauce.
- Best when fresh!
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 2 bowls with tahini sauce, 6 falafel each, (and without chili garlic sauce or garlic dill sauce).