Tastes like a milkshake but sneaks in a veggie? We’re here for it! This 7-ingredient vegan vanilla tahini shake tastes decadent but has a secret: Cauliflower is the base and it’s completely undetectable!
This naturally sweetened, healthier dessert (hello, iron and calcium!) is one you’ll want to make again and again. Let’s get blending!
We often get requests for CREAMY banana-free smoothies and shakes (not an easy feat!). But friends, today your wish is our command! This banana-free shake relies on coconut milk ice cubes and frozen cauliflower to create a shake that doesn’t skimp on creaminess!
So next time you have a little coconut milk leftover after making a recipe (like dairy-free coffee creamer or crème brûlée), freeze the extra in an ice cube tray. Then when you’re craving a vanilla shake, dessert is only 10 minutes away!
Add the coconut milk ice cubes to a blender with frozen cauliflower, regular ice cubes, tahini, vanilla, and maple syrup. Then add a thinner dairy-free milk (we like almond) to get it blending.
Blend until creamy and smooth, divide between glasses, and start sipping away!
We can’t wait for you to try this tahini shake! It’s:
Decadent yet nourishing
& SO delicious!
It tastes like a vanilla milkshake but sneaks in a veggie and some satisfying healthy fats.
More Delicious Vegan Shakes
- Creamy Vegan Strawberry Milkshake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake
- Vegan Jamocha Shake (Maple-Sweetened!)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Creamy Vanilla Tahini Shake
COCONUT MILK ICE CUBES
- 1 (14 oz.) can full-fat coconut milk (a thick, creamy brand is best // there will be ice cubes left over after this recipe*)
- COCONUT MILK ICE CUBES: If you don’t already have frozen full-fat coconut milk ice cubes*, start by making them. At least 6 hours before you wish to enjoy your milkshake, open a can of full-fat coconut milk and mix until it’s creamy and smooth with no separation between the coconut cream and coconut water. You can transfer it to a blender to fully mix or transfer to a tight-sealing jar and shake! Pour the mixed coconut milk into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- VANILLA TAHINI SHAKE: To make the vanilla tahini shake, add dairy-free milk, frozen cauliflower, ice cubes, coconut milk ice cubes, tahini, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a high-speed blender. Blend on high until super smooth and creamy.
- Enjoy on its own or top with coconut whipped cream and extra tahini for extra decadence!
- Best when enjoyed right away!
*Coconut milk ice cubes: When we only use a partial can of coconut milk in recipes, we freeze the rest in an ice cube tray for recipes like this one!
*This recipe works with store-bought frozen cauliflower or with raw cauliflower frozen (ahead of time) on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.