Learn how to make our go-to sauce for Mediterranean-inspired meals and beyond: 4-ingredient dill garlic sauce!
One of the main reasons we love it is it’s hummus based — and hummus is an ingredient we almost always have on hand, so it’s quick and easy to make! Plus, it’s the perfect blend of creamy, zesty, and lemony.
We hope you LOVE this sauce! It’s:
& Easy to make!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
More Sauce Recipes
- 5-Minute Liquid Gold Sauce (Oil-Free, Plant-Based)
- Easy Red Enchilada Sauce
- Easy Chimichurri Sauce (10 Minutes!)
- 3-Ingredient Tahini Sauce for Everything
4-Ingredient Dill Garlic Sauce
- 1/3 cup hummus (or store-bought)
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dill* (or 1 Tbsp fresh minced dill / amount as recipe is written — adjust as needed)
- 3 cloves garlic* (minced)
- ~3 Tbsp water (to thin)
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Prepare your sauce by adding hummus, lemon juice, dill, and garlic to a small mixing bowl, starting with 1 Tbsp (15 ml // or the lesser end of the range if altering batch size) lemon juice. Whisk to combine. Then add only enough water to thin so it’s pourable but still somewhat thick.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. Add garlic for more zing, lemon juice for acidity, and dill for a more intense herb flavor. Depending on the hummus you use, you may want to add a pinch of salt.
- Serve with things like crispy chickpeas, salads, wraps, and more (links above)! Will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days (depending on freshness of ingredients used).
*2-3 tsp fresh minced dill can be subbed per 1 tsp dried dill.
*Recipe as written makes approximately 1/2-2/3 cup dressing.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with the lesser amount of lemon juice, without optional salt, and with hummus that contains oil. To reduce fat content, use (or make) an oil-free hummus.