Kale might not be on your favorite vegetables list yet. But we believe we can change that (bold, we know). There are so many ways to spruce up this nutrient-packed veggie and leave you craving more!
We use a variety of techniques to make kale taste good. They involve balancing the bitterness with other flavors and modifying the tough and fibrous texture to make it easier to eat.
- Massaging Kale – massaging kale with a little oil and/or lemon juice for just a few minutes makes it more tender and easier to chew. Plus, it adds an extra boost of flavor.
- Sautéing – this is one of our favorite ways to enjoy kale as the cooking makes it easier to chew and provides a more subtle flavor that makes sautéed kale very versatile. It also shrinks it down a bit so it’s easier to eat more!
- Making into Chips – this is the best way to use up a lot of kale because it shrinks down while cooking. It also yields a crisp texture that many parents report can turn kids into kale lovers, too!
- Adding to Curries / Soups – kale can be added near the end of the cooking process for a boost of color and nutrients. Fresh and frozen both work well here.
- Simple Salads + Dressing Ideas – unlike most other greens, kale holds up extremely well in salads and can be enjoyed even 1-2 days after adding the dressing. Kale goes well with a variety of dressings, including our Tahini Dressing, Caesar Dressing, and Green Curry Dressing!
- Easy Massaged Kale Salad (15 Minutes!)
- 20-Minute Asian Kale Salad
- Garlicky Kale Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
- Creamy Kale and Spinach Dip
- Crunchy Thai Kale Salad
- Gingery Thai Kale Salad with Cashew Dressing
- Curry-Roasted Vegetable & Lentil Kale Salad
- Chickpea Caesar Salad (30 Minutes!)
- Sunflower-Coated Cheesy Kale Chips
- How to Make Kale Chips (Simple)
- Cheesy Kale Chips (30 minutes)
- Kale Chip Nachos
More Fun Ideas!
- Sautéed Kale with Lemon, Tahini & Hemp Seeds
- 1-Pot Kale Sweet Potato Curry
- Kale Falafel Hummus Wraps
- Coconut Curried Greens
- Super-Green Vegan Kale Pesto
If you try any of these recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see what you came up with. Cheers, friends!
Leave a Comment & Rating!