You know those dishes that are so insanely delicious you can’t help but go back for seconds and thirds, and you have to slap your own hand away for taking bites right off the serving plate?
Yeah, this is one of those dishes. Prepare yourselves for my latest curry obsession: 30-minute AMAZING Coconut Curried Greens!
This recipe is super simple, requiring just 1 pan, 30 minutes and 10 ingredients. I even include a DIY curry powder seeing as I was out of my go-to jar and had to make my own. Spoiler alert: it’s gold dust and I want to put it on everything. Do it!
Besides the curry powder, we’re talking collard greens, kale, sea salt, coconut sugar, and light coconut milk. This combination of ingredients makes by-far the tastiest (and healthiest!) greens I’ve ever tried. These may very well be on weekly rotation in our house moving forward.
I hope you all LOVE this recipe. It’s:
Loaded with greens
Rich in plant-based protein + fiber
& Absolutely delicious
Although these are great on their own, I think these greens would pair well with any of my curries: Coconut Red Curry with Chickpeas, Spicy Red Curry Cauliflower Wings, 1-Pot Sweet Potato Kale Curry, Green Curry with Chickpeas, Spicy Red Lentil Curry, 30-Minute Coconut Curry, Easy Chana Masala, Thai Yellow Curry with Mango, or my Coconut Curry Ramen. And, I have another curry coming next week that is the perfect match for these greens – stay tuned!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see. Cheers, friends!
- 2 Tbsp (30 g) coconut oil
- 2 shallot, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (~1 1/2 Tbsp or 9 g)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 large bundle collard greens, large stems removed, chopped
- 2 tsp, divided curry powder, divided (plus more to taste)
- 2 tsp coconut sugar, plus more to taste
- Sea salt to taste (~1/2 tsp)
- 1 large bundle kale (green or purple), large stems removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup, divided (120 ml) light coconut milk (or sub vegetable broth or water)
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Heat a large metal or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add coconut oil, shallot, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2-4 minutes, or until shallot is tender and fragrant.
- Add collard greens, 1 tsp curry powder, coconut sugar, and a healthy pinch sea salt. Stir to combine and reduce heat slightly to medium-low. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until greens appear tender but not mushy.
- Add kale, another pinch of sea salt, remaining 1 tsp curry powder, and the coconut milk. Stir to combine and cover once more to steam for 2-4 minutes, or until kale appears tender.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt to taste, coconut sugar for sweetness, or curry powder for intense curry flavor.
- Serve immediately as is or with toasted coconut flakes. This would pair incredibly well with my 30-minute Coconut Curry, Coconut Red Curry with Chickpeas, Thai Yellow Coconut Curry with Mango, Coconut Curry Ramen, Spicy Red Lentil Curry, 1-Pot Kale Sweet Potato Curry, Green Chickpea Curry with Couscous, and Easy Chana Masala.
- Best when fresh, though leftovers keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.