Your mornings are about to get a LOT cozier thanks to our new chai-spiced coffee creamer. Made with dairy-free milk, maple syrup, and warming spices in a blender in just 5 minutes, it’s like having a coffeehouse in the comfort of your own home!
Add this EASY, versatile creamer to black tea for a quick chai latte, to a cup of coffee for a dirty chai, or to roasted dandelion root tea for a cozy, caffeine-free option. Let’s do this!
Origins of Chai
Masala chai is a creamy, spiced tea that’s most popular in India but is now enjoyed around the world. The spices used vary depending on the recipe, but common ones include cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and ginger.
Our vegan chai-spiced coffee creamer takes inspiration from the undeniably delicious and spicy flavors of masala chai. For a more authentic chai recipe and to learn more about this delicious Indian tea, see this video from Bhavna’s Kitchen.
How to Make Homemade Coffee Creamer
The BEST (a.k.a. creamiest) dairy-free coffee creamer starts with a base of coconut milk, cashew butter, and water. We discovered that combo when developing our Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer and there’s no going back now. It’s too good!
For this chai-spiced version, maple syrup adds sweetness while vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and nutmeg add chai-spiced goodness. Blend everything up until smooth and dreamy, and that’s it!
The hardest step is deciding whether to add this creamer to hot coffee, iced coffee, or tea. When in doubt, grab three mugs and do it all! We won’t judge.
We can’t wait for you to try this chai-spiced creamer! It’s:
& SO cozy!
Enjoy it in black tea for a quick chai latte, add to a cup of coffee for a dirty chai, or add to roasted dandelion root tea for a caffeine-free, coffee-esque treat.
May we also suggest making a batch of our 1-Bowl Carrot Apple Muffins (Vegan + GF) or 1-Bowl Vegan Coffee Cake (GF, Oil-Free)? You won’t regret the combo.
More Chai-Spiced Favorites
- Chai-Spiced Hot Chocolate
- Super Chunky Chai-Spiced Granola
- 5-Minute Caffeine-Free Chai Mix
- Chai-Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Bars
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Vegan Chai-Spiced Coffee Creamer
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cashew butter (find our cashew butter review here)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 heaping tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Transfer to an airtight container or bottle. Shake before using to distribute the spices.
- Perfect in hot or iced coffee or steeped black tea. We like ~3 ½ Tbsp creamer for an 8-oz. coffee. This creamer froths like a dream if you use a milk frother! Leftover creamer keeps for 4-5 days in the refrigerator, or can be frozen in an ice cube tray for easy chai-spiced iced coffee!
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Leave a Comment & Rating!