Ready to learn my go-to dressing that’s perfect for salads, bowls, falafel, and more?
Allow me to introduce my 3-ingredient tahini dressing that’s so delicious it’s like liquid gold. I always have some on hand!
How to Make Tahini Dressing
A creamy, rich sauce of tahini (sesame paste), lemon juice, and maple syrup! Add garlic or salt for extra flavor. The perfect dressing or sauce for salads, falafel, sandwiches, and more!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Sauce, Dressing
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean-Inspired
Serves: ~3/4 cup
- 1/3 cup (80 g) tahini (ground sesame seeds - I love Alexis brand!)
- 1 lemon, juiced (~3 Tbsp or 45 ml)
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) maple syrup (or sub agave - or honey if not vegan)
- optional: pinch sea salt
- optional: 1 clove garlic, minced
- Water to thin (~3-6 Tbsp or 45-90 ml)
- To a medium mixing bowl, add tahini, lemon juice, and maple syrup. If adding salt and garlic, add now (optional).
- Whisk to combine. Then slowly add water until creamy and pourable. The mixture may seize up and thicken at first, but continue adding water a little at a time and whisking until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lemon juice for acidity, salt for saltiness, or maple syrup for sweetness.
- Enjoy fresh, or store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 5 days (sometimes longer). This is delicious on things like Salads, Falafel, Fritters, Buddha Bowls, and more!
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1/4 of the recipe calculated without salt or garlic.
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe (~ 3 Tbsp) Calories: 133 Fat: 10.8 g Saturated fat: 1.5 g Carbohydrates: 8.1 g Sugar: 2.7 g Sodium: 24 mg Fiber: 2.3 g Protein: 3.6 g