These kale chips are foolproof. By baking at a low temperature for a longer period of time, the kale gets crispy without browning or burning, yielding perfect chips every time.
This recipe is versatile and can be modified to include whatever flavors or seasonings you desire. I include a few options below.
If you try this recipe, let us know how it goes! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (107 C). Use convection bake if you have it to speed cooking time and help chips crisp up even more.
- Rinse and thoroughly dry kale, then tear into small pieces and discard any large stems.
- Add to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with oil and seasonings of choice. Toss thoroughly to combine, using hands to distribute the oil and seasonings evenly.
- Spread the kale over 2 large baking sheets, ensuring the kale touches as little as possible to help them crisp while baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the pans around and lightly toss/stir kale to ensure even baking. Bake for 5-10 minutes more, or until kale is crispy and very slight golden brown. Watch closely as it can burn easily.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly - chips will crisp up even more once out of the oven.
- Enjoy immediately! Best when fresh. Store leftovers covered at room temperature for 2-3 days.
*For flavor inspiration, check out my Cheesy Kale Chips!
Below are two of my recipes which use Kale Chips:
30-Minute Cheesy Kale Chips // Kale Chip Nachos //