Who else is addicted to Everything Bagel Seasoning? If you’re not, perhaps we should apologize because you likely will be soon. We were inspired by Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning (who else loves Joe?!), but we like this DIY version even better! It’s salty, savory, crunchy, and making it at home means you can use fresher ingredients.
This seasoning is the ultimate versatile topping — perfect for avocado toast, eggs, bowls, crackers, and beyond! Plus, it’s SO easy to prepare — just 6 ingredients, 1 bowl, and 5 minutes required. Let’s do this!
What is in Everything Bagel Seasoning?
- Sesame seeds – black and white sesame seeds make a beautiful color contrast, but you can choose to use just one color if you’re looking for simplicity.
- Sea salt flakes – large, flaky sea salt like Maldon is the key to more dispersed saltiness plus a pleasant crunch. Regular sea salt will also work, but you’ll want to use less of it!
- Dried minced garlic – also called dehydrated garlic, it’s a little golden in color and the key for garlicky zing and a slight toasty flavor!
- Dried minced onion – just like dried garlic vs. garlic powder, dried minced onion will be larger in size than onion powder and contribute a pleasant savory taste.
- Poppy seeds – for an extra crunch factor, we went heavier on these than the Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning!
How to Make Everything Bagel Seasoning
It couldn’t be easier to make Everything Bagel Seasoning at home:
- Gather your ingredients – poppy seeds, sesame seeds, dried onion and garlic, and flaky salt! If you have trouble finding any of them, check the bulk spices aisle — there’s usually more variety and fresher ingredients.
- Add them to a jar (or bowl).
- Shake them up (or mix).
What to Put Everything Bagel Seasoning On
The easy answer to How to use Everything Bagel Seasoning? On EVERYTHING! (See what we did there?) But truly, the possibilities are endless:
- Avocado toast
- Toasted bread with (dairy-free) cream cheese
- Roasted vegetables
- Cauliflower rice
- Crispy baked chickpeas
- Or almost anything that would benefit from a salty, savory finish!
We hope you LOVE this everything bagel seasoning! It’s:
& Quick and easy to prepare!
Mix up a batch for yourself, or share the love and make some for friends at the same time!
More Homemade Spice Mixes
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- To a small jar with a lid (or bowl), add all ingredients and shake (or mix) until fully incorporated.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 months or in the refrigerator or freezer up to 6 months.
*Recipe as written makes ~1/2 cup seasoning.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with Maldon flaky salt.