We love homemade crackers and Everything Bagel Seasoning, but have you ever tried them together? Woah — get ready to be wowed. Inspired by a recipe from the wonderful Carolina Gelen, these crackers are perfectly crispy, light, toasty, savory, and filled with nutritious seeds!
They’re also super easy to prepare (just 8 ingredients and 1 bowl required) and suitable for gluten-free, plant-based, and nut-free eaters. Enjoy them with everything from dips and cheeses to charcuterie boards and more! Let’s get crackin’!
Health Benefits of Seeds
These crackers are filled with nutrient-packed seeds, known for being rich in vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and more! Here are some of the unique superpowers of the seeds included in this recipe:
- Flax, hemp, and chia seeds – rich in alpha-linolenic acid, an important anti-inflammatory fat known as “the plant omega-3”
- Pumpkin seeds – a good source of zinc, which is important for immune health (and can be challenging to get enough of in a plant-based diet)
- Sunflower seeds – rich in vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant and is important for cardiovascular health
- Sesame seeds – contain unique phytonutrients with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
How to Make Seed Crackers
Making these seed crackers is incredibly easy! First, we mix the seeds with brown rice flour to provide structure and sea salt to add flavor.
Next, we add boiling water and stir it up to turn the mixture into a dough.
Then we spread the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (to prevent sticking), distributing as evenly as possible to ensure crispy crackers!
Then we top with Everything Bagel Seasoning for a salty, savory finish that takes these crackers to next-level deliciousness land!
Lastly, we bake to crispy perfection, then let them cool before snapping into snack-able, cracker-sized portions.
We hope you LOVE these seed crackers! They’re:
& SO simple!
They’re perfect for packing in lunch boxes (they’re nut-free!), serving as an appetizer with your favorite dip(s), or to have on hand for an easy snack to power you through the work week! Enjoy them on their own or paired with our Charred Serrano White Bean Dip, Chickpea Shawarma Dip, Easy Probiotic-Cultured Vegan Cheese, or Easy Muhammara Dip.
More Ways to Enjoy Seeds!
- Seed Cycling Mixes (+ 10 Ways to Use Them)
- Super Seedy Granola Bars
- Super Seedy Sunflower Butter
- Overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Easy Seed Crackers with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C) and line a standard-size (13×18-inch) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the ground flax seeds, brown rice flour, and salt until well combined. Add the sunflower seeds, pepitas, hemp seeds, and chia seeds and toss to combine.
- Pour the boiling water over the seed mixture and stir until there are no dry spots. Cover with a kitchen towel and let sit for 15 minutes until the seeds have absorbed the water and the mixture is thick and sticky.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and, using a rubber spatula, spread into as thin and even a layer as possible. On a standard-size baking sheet (13×18-inch), it should go all the way to the edges. Be sure that the middle isn’t too thick and the edges aren’t too thin, and try to avoid any gaps or holes. You want even, thin, crispy crackers! Once your mixture is spread evenly, sprinkle the Everything Bagel Seasoning over the top.
- Bake your crackers for 35-45 minutes, or until they have become toasty in color and are dry and hard to the touch. If it feels soft in the middle, let it bake for a couple more minutes, but not past 50 minutes, or you’ll have burnt crackers!
- Let crackers cool completely on the baking sheet, then carefully break your large cracker into whatever size pieces you prefer. Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1-2 weeks.