When golden milk cravings strike, there’s hardly time to fuss with getting out all the spices, which is why I recently made my own “mix.”
Because I enjoy golden milk most afternoons, I’ve been using my mix almost daily! It’s the perfection solution to help speed the golden milk process along to save time and energy. Let me show you how.
This 4-ingredient, 5-minute mix is made of the 4 basic spices added to most golden milk: turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, and ginger.
The result is an earthy, spicy, comforting blend that pairs perfectly with dairy-free milk and a little sweetener.
In the winter, I’m all about the hot golden milk, but when summertime comes, I crave things that help me stay cool. In the instructions, you’ll see tips on how to make both hot and cold golden milk, depending on what climate (and mood) you’re experiencing.
We hope you LOVE this mix! It’s:
Easy to make
Super convenient to have on hand
& Super tasty
Lately, I’ve been preferring this quick mix over getting out all the spices and grating fresh ginger for my daily dose of golden milk. The simplicity of it – and the flavor! – has me hooked. We hope you love it, too. In addition to being used to make golden milk, we also think it makes a delicious spice mix for vegetables, soups, smoothies, and more!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
4-Ingredient Golden Milk Mix
GOLDEN MILK MIX
- 4 Tbsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground ginger (plus more to taste)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon (plus more to taste)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- To make mix, add all spices (add-ins optional) to a small jar and shake or stir thoroughly to combine. Will keep at room temperature up to 3 months. Or you can store it in the refrigerator if you prefer. Double the recipe if you intend to use it daily (it goes fast!).
- To make HOT golden milk, add 1 heaped tsp Golden Milk Mix, 1-2 tsp sweetener of choice (more or less to taste), and 2 tsp water to a small saucepan. Use a spoon to mix into a loose paste (you want as few clumps as possible). Then add dairy-free milk of choice and whisk to combine. Heat over medium heat until just hot/warm (not boiling).
- To make ICED* golden milk, add 1 heaped tsp Golden Milk Mix, 1-2 tsp sweetener of choice (more or less to taste), and 2 tsp water to a serving glass. Use a spoon to mix into a loose paste (you want as few clumps as possible). Then add several big ice cubes and top with dairy-free milk of choice. Stir to combine.
- In addition to being used to make golden milk, we also think it makes a delicious spice mix for vegetables, soups, smoothies, and more!