Any Otter Pop fans out there? Those sweet and icy popsicles carried us through many a hot summer day as kids, and we’ve now given them the ultimate upgrade! These tropical-tasting icy treats are sweetened entirely with whole fruit (yes to fiber!), naturally electrolyte-boosting (hello coconut water), and SO refreshing!
They’re perfect for afternoons by the pool, post-exercise hydration, or as a cool treat after a long day outside. Just 6 ingredients required! Let us show you how it’s done!
How to Make Tropical Fruit Popsicles with Real Fruit
Hydration makes you feel good and watermelon wins the award for being one of the most hydrating fruits out there. Not only that, but studies suggest it may improve exercise performance and reduce muscle soreness. Plus, yum! For all these reasons, watermelon takes center stage in these tropical fruit popsicles made with whole fruit!
We balance watermelon’s sweetness with pineapple and lime juice, and blend it all up with coconut water and a pinch of sea salt for an electrolyte boost!
Fresh mint adds sophistication, but in a “these are still kid-friendly” kind of way.
Whirl everything together in a blender, then freeze in a popsicle mold, and a cooling, vibrant treat awaits!
We hope you LOVE these popsicles! They’re:
Made with whole fruit
& Taste like summer on a stick!
Make them any time you have leftover watermelon or pineapple around (4th of July parties, anyone?) and you’ll be thanking yourself on upcoming hot summer days.
More Cooling Summer Treats
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- 3-Ingredient Mango Sorbet (No-Churn!)
- Creamy Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2-Ingredient Piña Colada Smoothie
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Tropical Fruit Popsicles (No Added Sugar)
- 2 cups chopped fresh watermelon
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves
- 1 healthy pinch sea salt
- At least 4-6 hours before you wish to enjoy your popsicles, add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth and frothy. Taste and adjust, adding more watermelon or coconut water for sweetness or more lime for brightness.
- Add the mixture to a popsicle mold (we used this one) and add popsicle sticks. Freeze until firm — about 4-6 hours. To remove from molds, let thaw slightly by setting at room temperature for 10 minutes or dipping mold in warm/hot water to help loosen.
- Popsicles will keep in the freezer for 1 month.
Leave a Comment & Rating!