The ultimate summer refresher made easier and healthier! Tart lemon juice is blended with ripe strawberries and naturally sweetened with agave nectar to create the perfect balance of tart and sweet. This strawberry lemonade is bright and fresh with a beautiful pink hue! Just 3 ingredients, 10 minutes, and 1 blender required. Let us show you how it’s done.
Best Natural Sweeteners for Strawberry Lemonade
To ensure the best possible flavor while keeping this strawberry lemonade naturally sweetened, we did lots of testing: agave, honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and stevia. A clear winner stood out: agave! It blended smoothly and also enhanced the strawberry and lemon flavors without being overpowering.
Not as winning?
- Honey stuck to the bottom of the blender, which made blending a little more finicky, however it was very floral and delicious.
- Maple syrup gave it a maple strawberry flavor — not something we preferred, but it would be nice with bourbon.
- Coconut sugar was a little too flavor specific and tasted like brown sugar.
- Stevia will work if you’re used to its aftertaste, but it’s tricky not to go overboard while still providing enough balance for the tartness of the lemons.
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade
This recipe is incredibly easy! Simply blend up fresh strawberries with water, agave, and a generous amount of lemon juice and it’s ready to serve!
With this dump and blend method, it will be a little frothy at the top (which we enjoyed). But if frothy isn’t your thing, you can blend the strawberries and agave with just a small amount of water then mix them with the lemon juice and remaining water. We’ve included a note for this method at the bottom of the recipe.
If you prefer a smoother option, you can strain it through a fine mesh strainer to remove the strawberry seeds.
Then simply serve it at room temperature, chilled, or over ice.
We hope you LOVE this homemade strawberry lemonade! It’s:
Quick & easy
& Perfect for summer!
It’s the perfect drink for hot summer days, berry season, and picnics!
More Refreshing Summer Drinks
- 4-Ingredient Citrus & Melon Spritzer
- Minty Iced Matcha Latte
- Watermelon Juice
- Easy Traditional Red Sangria
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 heaping cup sliced ripe strawberries, hulled and halved (organic when possible)
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup agave* (we used the lesser amount for a more tart lemonade // or sub liquid monk fruit extract or liquid stevia to taste)
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (~6-8 large, juicy lemons as recipe is written)
- Add all ingredients (starting with the lesser amount of agave) to a high-speed blender and blend on medium-high until smooth — about 30 seconds. Taste and adjust as needed, adding more agave for sweetness and to balance the lemon, lemon juice for tartness, or strawberries for more strawberry flavor.
- Optionally, for a smoother lemonade and to remove strawberry seeds, you can strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer before serving. We didn’t find this step necessary.
- Option to chill the lemonade by transferring it to a large jar and placing in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight. Serve immediately. You can also serve over ice, though it will dilute the flavor a bit. Serve this lemonade on its own or as a mixer with tequila, gin, or vodka.
- Lemonade will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to 5 days, or freeze in popsicle molds for a sweet, cold treat! Can also be frozen into ice cubes and added to summer beverages.
*The easy method used in this recipe creates a frothy layer at the top, which we enjoyed. But if the froth might bother you, you can blend the strawberries, agave, and 1 cup of water, then add that to a jar with the lemon juice and remaining water.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with the lesser amount of agave.
Leave a Comment & Rating!