I partly blame this pumpkin pie green smoothie. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
This smoothie comes together in 5 minutes, using 1 blender, and requires just 6 ingredients.
The ingredients are SO simple you likely have them in your pantry right now. Pumpkin purée is blended with frozen, ripe banana, almond + coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice and spinach!
Two things are optional: A greens powder and protein powder (listed below).
Seeing as I’ve just posted a Vegan Protein Powder Review, I suggest two of my favorites for this smoothie. However, protein is optional! The addition just makes it more of a meal than a snack.
I think you guys are going to LOVE this smoothie! It’s:
& Insanely delicious
I couldn’t believe how delicious this smoothie was at first sip. It makes the perfect fall breakfast, post-workout recovery, or afternoon snack. If you aren’t into pumpkin, try it with Cinnamon-Sugar Apples, Matcha or Mango instead!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see. xoxo!
- 1 small frozen ripe banana
- 1/4 cup (50 g) pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/4 cup (~80 g) organic spinach (best if frozen*)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) plain unsweetened almond milk (more to thin)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- optional: 1 tsp green powder*
- optional: 2 Tbsp (14 g) plain or vanilla protein powder*
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. If too thick, add more almond or coconut milk.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. For more pumpkin flavor, add more pumpkin pie spice. For more sweetness, add more banana, or a bit more vanilla protein powder - optional (or a bit of maple syrup, agave or stevia extract).
- Serve immediately. Best when fresh, though will keep in the refrigerator well covered up to 2 days.
*DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice.
*My favorite Green Powder is by the brand Amazing Grass, which you can find full size + sample packs of at Whole Foods, or order it online.
*My two favorite vanilla protein powders at the moment are Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Protein with Chia Seed + Probiotics (used in this smoothie), and Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Powder in Vanilla Bean.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 smoothie calculated without protein powder or greens powder.