Pumpkin. Pie. Parfaits!
Who needs crust anyway? It’s so last year…
This recipe is what I make when I want pumpkin pie, but am impatient and don’t want to fuss with pie crust (even though I have mastered the art of the gluten-free, traditional, and coconut oil crust).
These parfaits are simple, requiring just 10 ingredients (once you’ve made your pumpkin butter + coconut whipped cream), and come together in about 1 hour. Easy peasy and so yum.
In place of the crust, I opted for a simple cinnamon-maple granola that provides a sweet crunch to the parfait.
But if you’re in a rush, you can also use your favorite store-bought granola, or try one of our seasonal flavors (the Pumpkin Maple Pecan and Sweet Potato being two of my favorites).
The next two layers come in the form of ultra-creamy pumpkin butter and coconut whipped cream. Oh my word. This flavor combination is perfect.
I think I love it more than PB & J. There, I said it.
Last but not least, maple cinnamon pecans add the perfect sweet, crunchy finish.
I hope you all love these parfaits! They’re:
& So satisfying
These are the perfect easy dessert for fall gatherings, or in place of traditional pie at Thanksgiving. Can you imagine how delicious these would be with a chai latte? Don’t even get me started.
If you give this recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment it, rate it (once you’ve tried it), and take a picture and tag it #minimalistbaker on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with.
Pumpkin Pie Parfaits (Vegan + GF)
- 1 batch Coconut Whipped Cream (~1 1/2 cups as original recipe is written)
- ~2 cups Pumpkin Butter (chilled)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut sugar (or sub organic brown sugar)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut sugar (or sub organic brown sugar)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- If you haven’t already, prepare pumpkin butter and coconut whipped cream. Place in plastic freezer bags (or piping bags) and set in the refrigerator to chill. When ready to assemble, snip the corner for easy assembly.
- FOR THE GRANOLA: Preheat oven to 340 degrees F (171 C).
- Add rolled oats, salt, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to a mixing bowl and stir.
- In a separate bowl, melt coconut oil in the microwave, add maple syrup, and whisk thoroughly to combine. Add to oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant. Stir at the halfway point to ensure even baking. Watch closely near the 17-minute mark as to not let it burn. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- FOR THE PECANS: Leave oven preheated to 340 degrees F (171 C), and heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add pecans and toast for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. If smoking or browning too quickly, turn heat to medium-low or low.
- At the 5-minute mark, add coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to coat and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from skillet and add to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 3-6 more minutes, or until fragrant and toasted, being careful not to burn. Set aside to cool.
- FOR THE PARFAITS: Divide cooled granola between 3-4 small serving glasses or ramekins, reserving a small amount for topping (~ 2 Tbsp).
- Top with a generous portion (~1/4 cup or 55 g) pumpkin butter and tap to settle.
- Top with a generous amount of coconut whipped cream and tap to settle.
- Top with another layer of pumpkin butter, then one more layer of coconut whipped cream. Tap to settle.
- If serving immediately, top with the maple cinnamon pecans and remaining granola.
- Otherwise, loosely cover with plastic wrap (or lids) and refrigerate up to 3-4 days (though best within the first 24 hours). Top with pecans just before serving to keep them crisp.
*If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, use this DIY blend: 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 2 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ground cloves.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.
Leave a Comment & Rating!