I partly blame this pumpkin pie green smoothie. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
This smoothie comes together in 5 minutes, using 1 blender, and requires just 6 ingredients.
The ingredients are SO simple you likely have them in your pantry right now. Pumpkin purée is blended with frozen, ripe banana, almond + coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice and spinach!
Two things are optional: A greens powder and protein powder (listed below).
Seeing as I’ve just posted a Vegan Protein Powder Review, I suggest two of my favorites for this smoothie. However, protein is optional! The addition just makes it more of a meal than a snack.
I think you guys are going to LOVE this smoothie! It’s:
& Insanely delicious
I couldn’t believe how delicious this smoothie was at first sip. It makes the perfect fall breakfast, post-workout recovery, or afternoon snack. If you aren’t into pumpkin, try it with Cinnamon-Sugar Apples, Matcha, or Mango instead!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see. xoxo!
NOTE: Recipe updated for simplicity and flavor on 9/19/19.
Pumpkin Pie Green Smoothie
- 1 small frozen ripe banana
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 large handful organic spinach*
- 3/4 cup dairy-free milk (we prefer light coconut milk or plain unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- 2 Tbsp plain or vanilla protein powder (we like Vanilla protein by Nuzest or Tropeaka)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. If too thick, add more dairy-free milk.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. For more pumpkin flavor, add more pumpkin pie spice. For more sweetness, add more banana, or a bit more vanilla protein powder - optional (or a bit of maple syrup, agave or stevia extract).
- Serve immediately. Best when fresh, though will keep in the refrigerator well covered up to 2 days.
*DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without protein powder or greens powder.