I’m reaching for something Mediterranean-inspired at least a few times a week, whether it’s hummus and veggies, Chickpea Shawarma Salad, Shawarma Chickpea Dip, or a Chickpea Shawarma Sandwich. (Are you sensing a theme? I like shawarma.)
In most situations, my 4-ingredient Garlic Dill sauce is where it’s at. It’s lemony, herby, and packs tons of fresh garlic flavor. Recently, however, I’ve been reaching for something more subdued, especially when it comes to my falafel addiction.
Enter: 3-Ingredient Tahini Sauce for Everything.
This sauce was inspired by Wolf + Bear in Portland (one of my favorite food carts!), which has me hooked on falafel salads with tahini dressing (and Tahini Bombs!). Upon investigating the texture and flavor of their sauce, I realized how simple it really was. Consider this my inspired version.
This recipe couldn’t get any easier. Sprinkle a little salt and garlic powder on tahini and whisk. Then add water and whisk. THAT’S IT. It’s hardly a recipe but it’s too good and simple not to share.
What does one put this tahini sauce on? Everything:
And, one more dish that’s coming at ya soon. Stay tuned! In the meantime, if you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
- 1/2 cup (120 g) tahini (from raw or roasted sesame seeds)
- 1/4th tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4th tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup (80 ml) warm water, plus more as needed
- Add tahini, sea salt and garlic powder to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add water a little at a time, continuing to whisk, until you have a creamy, pourable sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Tahini is meant to be the prominent flavor, but add garlic powder for more garlic flavor, or sea salt for saltiness.
- This sauce is ideal for falafel, salads, veggie burgers, and just about everything in between! It ideal for dishes that need a creamy sauce that isn't overwhelmingly flavorful.
- Store in the refrigerator covered for 1-2 weeks.