What is Tahini?Tahini is made by grinding sesame seeds into a smooth paste. Sometimes the sesame seeds are hulled, sometimes they’re left unhulled; sometimes roasted, sometimes raw. We like to use tahini to make dressings, soft serve, snack bites, stuffed dates, and SO many other dishes. The possibilities are endless! Learn more about its origins here. It’s no secret that I have a thing for tahini and chocolate. But, when I combined the two in my Tahini Stuffed Dates (aka Tahini Bombs), I lost my mind over the flavor combination. Think savory, sweet, chocolaty, and nutty. It’s a real-life flavor love affair. Not only is this recipe delicious, it’s also SO easy to make, requiring just 5-10 minutes, 1 bowl, and 4 ingredients to make! I think you’re going to LOVE this soft serve. It’s: Creamy Chocolaty Nutty Perfectly sweet Insanely delicious & SO easy to make Enjoy this recipe as a healthier dessert or snack! Add some cacao nibs or magic shell for a crunchy topping. If you aren’t into tahini, try another nut/seed butter like almond butter or sunbutter! And, for a drinkable version, add non-dairy milk to make a shake like this Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Shake! For even more healthy desserts, check out our V/GF Black Bean Brownies, 5-Minute Espresso Walnut Brownies, Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins, 5 Ingredient V/GF Cookies, and Tahini Stuffed Dates! If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
Tahini Chocolate Banana Soft Serve
- 2 cups ripe sliced frozen bananas
- 2 Tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste // or sub other nut/seed butter // plus more for serving)
- 3 Tbsp cacao (or unsweetened cocoa) powder
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup (or sub dates or other sweetener (i.e. stevia) to taste)
- 1-2 ripe pitted dates (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
FOR TOPPING optional
- 1-2 Tbsp Magic Shell*
- Add tahini (or other nut/seed butter), cacao powder, and maple syrup and blend to combine. Then taste and adjust flavors as needed, adding more tahini for nuttiness, cacao for intense chocolate flavor, or maple syrup (or pitted dates) for sweetness. At this time, you can also add vanilla extract or a pinch of sea salt for more flavor. Mix as needed to combine.
- Serve immediately or transfer to serving bowls and put in the freezer to thicken up. Serve as is or top with additional tahini or magic shell!
- Best when fresh. Leftovers will keep in the freezer up to 1 week. Let come back to soft serve consistency at room temperature before enjoying.
*Prep time does not include freezing bananas.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with lesser amount of maple syrup and no additional toppings (tahini or magic shell).