‘Tis the season for pumpkin everything.
Yes, even though October is over I’m still going strong with my pumpkin addiction and will be for a while. (Don’t even get me started on pumpkin butter – oy).
I partly blame this pumpkin pie green smoothie. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
This smoothie comes together in 5 minutes, using 1 blender, and requires just 6 ingredients.
And guess what? It tastes like pumpkin pie! You know, without all the crust and coconut whipped cream. But still…
The ingredients are SO simple you likely have them in your pantry right now. Pumpkin purée is blended with frozen, ripe banana, almond + coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice and spinach!
Two things are optional: A greens powder and protein powder (listed below).
Seeing as I’ve just posted a Vegan Protein Powder Review, I suggest two of my favorites for this smoothie. However, protein is optional! The addition just makes it more of a meal than a snack.
I think you guys are going to LOVE this smoothie! It’s:
& Insanely delicious
I couldn’t believe how delicious this smoothie was at first sip. It makes the perfect fall breakfast, post-workout recovery, or afternoon snack. If you aren’t into pumpkin, try it with Cinnamon-Sugar Apples, Matcha, or Mango instead!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see. xoxo!
NOTE: Recipe updated for simplicity and flavor on 9/19/19.
Pumpkin Pie Green Smoothie
- 1 small frozen ripe banana
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 large handful organic spinach*
- 3/4 cup dairy-free milk (we prefer light coconut milk or plain unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- 2 Tbsp plain or vanilla protein powder (we like Vanilla protein by Nuzest or Tropeaka)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. If too thick, add more dairy-free milk.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. For more pumpkin flavor, add more pumpkin pie spice. For more sweetness, add more banana, or a bit more vanilla protein powder – optional (or a bit of maple syrup, agave or stevia extract).
- Serve immediately. Best when fresh, though will keep in the refrigerator well covered up to 2 days.
*DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without protein powder or greens powder.
Leave a Comment & Rating!