A fresh and vibrant salad that takes just 10 minutes? That’s our style, friends! This Mediterranean-inspired cucumber tomato salad is so versatile and satisfying thanks to protein- and fiber-rich chickpeas. Plus, just 1 bowl and 9 ingredients required!
It’s delicious alongside tofu, fish, or falafel wraps for an easy spring or summer meal. Let us show you how it’s done!
This VIBRANT, throw-it-all-in-a-bowl salad features crunchy cucumbers, sweet ripe tomatoes, aromatic red onion, fresh mint, and chickpeas. Optional vegan feta crumbles or kalamata olives add a salty touch.
It gets tossed in a simple lemon, olive oil, balsamic dressing and is seasoned with salt and pepper! And that’s it. Dinner is served.
We hope you LOVE this Mediterranean-inspired cucumber chickpea salad! It’s:
Quick & easy
& Perfect for spring + summer!
It’s a versatile side that goes well with your choice of protein or can be paired alongside other Mediterranean-inspired dishes. Try it with our Italian Herb Tofu Wraps, Kale Falafel Hummus Wraps, Balsamic-Marinated Portobello Pizzas, Lemon & Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs, or Crispy Skin Salmon (Perfect Every Time!).
More Refreshing Sides for Spring & Summer
- Minty Watermelon Cucumber Salad (Vegan)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Candied Hazelnuts
- Grilled Corn Salad with Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Summer Tomato & Cantaloupe Salad
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Mediterranean-Inspired Cucumber Chickpea Salad
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or sub ~1 ½ cups homemade)
- 1 medium-large English cucumber*, finely diced (1 cucumber yields ~2 cups or 290 g)
- 3/4 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint (or sub up to half with parsley)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (for sweetness)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegan feta crumbles (optional // we like Follow Your Heart // or sub pitted, chopped kalamata olives)
- Place all ingredients (except vegan feta) in a medium-sized bowl and toss well to combine. Add the vegan feta (optional) and toss again. Taste and adjust, adding more lemon juice for brightness, olive oil for richness, or vegan feta for saltiness.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. We love pairing this salad with brown rice and tofu or salmon for a simple meal. It’s also delicious on avocado toast and in wraps.
- Best when fresh. The cucumber will continue to release liquid as it sits, so if not serving immediately, it’s nice to serve with a slotted spoon to reduce excess liquid.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.
Leave a Comment & Rating!