Friends, is this the perfect plant-based lunch? We’ll let you be the judges, but we definitely cast our votes (heck YES) after the first bite. These wraps are bursting with fresh, savory, satisfying flavors, and they’re so quick and easy.
They’re perfect for lunch or dinner, and yes, they’re meal-prep friendly! Make the tofu ahead of time and these plant-based wraps come together in just 15 minutes for effortless meals throughout the week. Just 9 ingredients required! Let us show you how it’s done!
How to Make These Wraps
These wraps are super versatile and can be suitable for all kinds of eaters (vegan, gluten-free, and even grain-free). Here’s what’s in them:
- Wraps of choice – use store-bought pita or flatbread for simplicity or homemade for ultimate freshness! We also tested with our homemade gluten-free flatbread and it worked beautifully. For grain-free eaters, you can serve in lettuce leaves or store-bought grain-free wraps (like Siete).
- Crispy Baked Tofu with Italian Herbs – flavor-packed (tastes like pizza!), easy to make, and can be made ahead and refrigerated (or frozen) to enjoy all week long!
- Fresh veggies – we love lettuce and tomato in these wraps, but other fresh veggies like bell pepper or cucumber would also work well.
- Pepperoncini – optional addition for a little tanginess and mild heat.
- Hummus sauce – a quick and easy hummus-based sauce that marries all the flavors together!
Once your flatbread (or pita) and tofu are ready, these wraps come together in just 15 minutes (hello, lunchtime dream!).
Start by making the quick sauce! It comes together by whisking hummus, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and optionally, a little maple syrup for flavor balance.
Then layer each wrap with lettuce, Crispy Baked Tofu with Italian Herbs, tomato, and pepperoncini.
Top the wraps with sauce and prepare for a serious flavor explosion. Swoon!
We hope you LOVE these vegan tofu wraps! They’re:
Meal prep friendly
& Our new obsession!
They’re a filling meal on their own but would also be delicious with a side of chips, a salad, or roasted vegetables.
More Vegan Wrap Recipes
- Spicy Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
- Kale Falafel Hummus Wraps
- Crispy Tofu Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
- Vibrant Collard Green Wraps with Green Curry Tahini Sauce
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Italian Herb Tofu Wraps with Garlicky Hummus Sauce
- 4 (~8-inch) wraps of choice (store-bought or homemade flatbread or pita, gluten-free as needed)
- 1 batch Crispy Baked Tofu with Italian Herbs
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pepperoncini (optional)
- 1/2 cup plain hummus (we used Hope brand)
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 small cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 healthy pinch each sea salt and black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 3/4 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- FLATBREADS: If you want to make homemade flatbread, prepare it at this time (Garlic Herb or Gluten-Free) and set aside. It can be made up to 3 days in advance. Or use store-bought for ease!
- TOFU: If you don’t already have a batch of Crispy Baked Tofu with Italian Herbs, prepare it at this time and set aside. It can be made up to 3-4 days in advance.
- SAUCE: To a small mixing bowl, add hummus, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, crushed or minced garlic, salt and pepper, and maple syrup (optional for balance). Whisk to combine into a smooth, pourable sauce, adding a little water if it’s too thick or hummus if too thin. Taste and adjust as needed, adding apple cider vinegar for brightness, garlic for zing, maple syrup for sweetness, or salt or pepper to taste.
- WRAPS: Assemble the wraps by stacking each wrap (pita or flatbread) with 1 lettuce leaf, ~1/2 cup Crispy Baked Tofu, 1/4 cup chopped tomato, and 1 Tbsp pepperoncini (optional). Then top each wrap with ~2-3 Tbsp sauce and enjoy!
- These wraps are best when fresh, but the components can be prepared ahead of time and stored separately up to 3-4 days. The tofu and flatbreads are also freezer friendly!
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with homemade garlic herb flatbread and without optional ingredients.
Leave a Comment & Rating!