Whew. I don’t know about you, but we ate like kings this weekend, and now I’m in need of a healthy reset.
Solution? This salad.
This may appear to be just another salad, but don’t be fooled.
It requires just 5 minutes and 1 bowl to make, and the dressing doesn’t require mixing! Oh yeah.
It’s literally a lazy cook’s dream: Dump a bunch of ingredients in a bowl and call it a meal. And it’s healthy! Does it get any better than that?
I created this salad after a spree of testing dessert recipes for the holidays. And after one too many cookies, I was in need of some greens. This did the trick.
A bed of greens is topped with veggies, sunflower seeds, ripe avocado for healthy fats, and dried cranberries for a little sweetness. Then drizzle on tahini, lemon, and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. It makes the salad taste so delicious + the no mixing means one less dish to clean up.
To add more protein to this salad, serve with cooked (and cooled) quinoa, baked chickpeas, or additional sunflower seeds.
If you try this easy, 5-minute salad, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #minimalistbaker on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
5-Minute Green Salad with No-Mix Tahini Dressing
- ~8 cups mixed greens or roughly chopped kale (I mixed both)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3-4 medium radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 medium ripe avocado (thinly sliced)
- 2-3 Tbsp dried cranberries (or other fruit // optional)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium lemons, juiced (~1/4 cup or 60 ml as original recipe is written)
- 1 healthy pinch each sea salt + black pepper
- Add the greens to a large serving bowl and top with red onion, radishes, sunflower seeds, avocado, and dried cranberries (optional).
- Next, drizzle on tahini and olive oil and squeeze on lemon juice (no need to mix beforehand! The separation makes for more enhanced individual flavors + 1 less dish). Season with salt and pepper, and toss gently before serving.
- Best when fresh, though leftovers keep (undressed) up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Leave a Comment & Rating!