This vibrant, colorful collard green wrap comes together in just 20 minutes and makes the perfect portable snack or meal. It’s great for making ahead for meal prep and keeps in the fridge for several days.
The star of the show is the tangy-creamy green curry tahini sauce made with our go-to Green Curry Paste. This wrap is what plant-based dreams are made of!
It’s no secret that around here we’re big fans of cuisines and flavors from around the world (including the Middle East, Germany, and Thailand). And this recipe draws inspiration from many of our favorites for the ultimate flavor explosion!
How to Make a Collard Green Wrap
We start with a fresh collard green leaf as the “wrap.” Collard greens work well for wraps because they are sturdy and large (the larger the leaves you can find, the better!). You can learn about the Mediterranean and African roots of these nutrient-rich greens here.
The slight bitterness of the greens pairs beautifully with our green curry tahini sauce. It’s sweet, punchy, and inspired by Thai and Middle Eastern flavors. Learn about the ingredients that inspired it here and here.
These wraps are then loaded with fresh veggies! Feel free to customize based on what you enjoy and have around. We went with carrots, red bell pepper, and cabbage for crunch and broccoli sprouts and beets for their liver-supporting properties.
Then we added avocado for healthy fats, sauerkraut* for its tanginess and gut-supportive probiotics, and hummus* for extra fiber and flavor!
The result? These collard green wraps are:
& SO delicious!
They’re perfect for a cooling summertime meal or snack! And the components can be meal prepped ahead of time for super speedy weekday assembling. That’s our kind of meal!
More Vegan Wrap Recipes
- 5-Minute Vegan Coconut Wraps (a fan favorite!)
- Rainbow Chard Hummus Wraps
- Vegan Collard Green Burritos
- Kale Falafel Hummus Wraps
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Vibrant Collard Green Wraps with Green Curry Tahini Sauce
- Start by rinsing collard green, patting dry, and chopping off the bulky end of the stem (where the base of the leaves meet). Then use a sharp knife to carefully shave down the thickness of the remaining stem so it folds and wraps easily (see photo).
- Prepare your sauce by adding green curry paste, tahini, lemon or lime juice, and maple syrup to a small bowl and whisking to combine. Depending on the brand of your curry paste and tahini, you may need to add a little water to thin so it’s a dippable sauce. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more citrus for acidity, maple syrup for sweetness, or tahini for creaminess. Set aside for serving.
- To assemble, add your hummus to bottom third of the collard green, then gradually build on top in layers, adding your shredded beet, carrot, bell pepper, avocado, sprouts, and sauerkraut (or kimchi or cabbage).
- Next, press it all down so it’s in the bottom 1/3 of the collard green, fold the base over the ingredients, tuck in the sides to secure the fillings, and continue rolling away from you until the seams meet. Cut in half or eat whole. Repeat the process to make desired number of wraps. Enjoy immediately with green curry tahini sauce on the side for dipping / spooning on top.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. The sauce will keep when stored separately for up to 5 days. Not freezer friendly.