There’s something about a Mexican-style salad that just speaks to our souls.
Crunchy, fresh, colorful, so customizable, and usually contains grilled corn, which is basically a universal love language.
Let us show you how easy it is to make this Grilled Corn Salad with our (freshly made) Vegan Chipotle Ranch!
This salad is simple, requiring basic (customizable) ingredients and 30 minutes to prepare!
Start by preparing your dressing if you haven’t already (I also include a super simple vinaigrette option in the recipe if you’d rather not whip out your blender).
Next, prep your veggies, roast your sweet potatoes, and grill. that. corn.
Friends, it’s as easy as that. We hope you LOVE this salad. It’s:
& Seriously delicious
This would make a delicious weeknight side, especially paired with other Mexican-Inspired dishes, anything barbecued, or as a main served with your choice of protein (such as Vegan “Barbacoa” for a vegan option, hard-boiled eggs for a vegetarian option, or grilled chicken or fish for a meat option).
Into salads? Be sure to check out our Loaded Kale Salad, Chickpea Caesar Salad, Arugula Salad with Crispy Shallot and Lemon Vinaigrette (a.k.a. our go-to “house salad”), and our Garlicky Kale Salad with Crispy Chickpeas!
If you try this recipe let us know by leaving a comment, rating, and tagging a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram! Cheers, friends.
Grilled Corn Salad with Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing (30 Minutes!)
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 whole corn cobs
- ~5 cups chopped fresh lettuce (we used a mix of green lettuces, but spinach, kale, or romaine will also work)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered (or halved if small)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed (optional)
- Jalapeño (optional)
- 1/2 batch Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup crushed corn tortilla chips (optional)
- If you haven’t prepared dressing, do so now. Alternatively you can dress your salad with a healthy squeeze of lime juice, drizzle of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste just before serving.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and add cubed sweet potato to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toss with a little oil and bake for 20 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- In the meantime, heat a grill or grill pan. Once hot, remove the husks from the corn and place directly on the grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until blackened on all sides — about 5-8 minutes. Set aside to chill. NOTE: If you don’t have a grill or grill pan, you can also carefully cook these on a gas range over an open flame, turning frequently with tongs until blackened on all sides.
- Let the corn cool to the touch, then carefully slice the corn off the cob with a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Assemble salad on a serving platter by adding lettuce and topping with bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, onion, avocado (optional), jalapeño (optional), sweet potatoes, and grilled corn. Optionally, you can also top with crushed tortilla chips.
- Serve with Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing or a generous squeeze of lime juice, drizzle of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep stored in the refrigerator up to 2-3 days (store dressing separately for freshness).
Leave a Comment & Rating!