Creamy vegan ranch dressing gets a serious upgrade from a dose of heat. Ready for this?
This dressing is simple to make, requiring 1 blender, simple ingredients, and just over 30 minutes to prepare (which mostly accounts for soaking cashews).
It starts with soaked, drained cashews blended with vegan “buttermilk,” fresh garlic, salt, pepper, chipotle in adobo*, onion powder, vinegar, maple syrup, and fresh dill. The result is a creamy, tangy, herby, spicy dressing that’s perfect for salads, cruditès, and so much more.
We hope you LOVE this dressing! It’s:
& So delicious
This would make the perfect dressing for just about any Mexican-inspired salad, especially this Grilled Corn Summer Salad, Mexican Quinoa Black Bean Salad or these Mexican Quinoa Sweet Potato Salad Cups! We could also see it being a nice addition to these Mexican Green Chili Burgers (serious yum) or dip for these Cajun Baked Sweet Potato Fries!
If you try this recipe, let us know by leaving a comment, rating, and tagging a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram! Cheers, friends.
Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in hot water 30 minutes, or overnight in cool water)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce*
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2-1 tsp maple syrup (optional // or other sweetener of choice to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground chipotle chile (plus more to taste // or sub chili powder, NOT cayenne)
- 2 Tbsp fresh minced dill (or 2 tsp dried)
- Soak cashews in very hot water for 30 minutes. While cashews are soaking, measure out almond milk and add lemon juice and set aside to curdle (this makes your vegan “buttermilk”).
- Drain and rinse cashews, then transfer to a small blender (a blender is preferred over a food processor for achieving a smooth texture) and add almond “buttermilk,” garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, vinegar, maple syrup (optional), ground chipotle chile, and dill. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until very creamy and smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt to taste, ground chipotle or adobo sauce for heat, maple syrup for sweetness, lemon juice or vinegar for acidity, garlic for garlic flavor, or herbs for a more herbal flavor.
- Use immediately at room temperature or refrigerate for 3-4 hours to chill. It will thicken in the refrigerator, so you can add more almond milk or water later on to thin if needed.