Sauces are one of our favorite versatile ways to add MEGA flavor to just about any meal.
Inspired by one of our favorite meals at Prasad (a dreamy Portland, OR cafe), this 5-ingredient, 5-minute, 1-bowl tahini sauce does exactly that!
To prepare, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, and fresh grated ginger (fresh ginger is key for best flavor!). Then thin with a little water until a pourable sauce is achieved. That’s it!
We hope you LOVE this sauce! It’s:
& SO delicious!
Love Tahini? Try Our:
- Quick Ginger Garlic Miso Tahini Dressing
- Curry-Roasted Fennel Salad with Rosemary Tahini Dressing
- Abundance Kale Salad with Savory Tahini Dressing
- Tahini Chocolate Banana Soft Serve
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Gingery Lemon Tahini Sauce
A perfectly balanced & gingery tahini sauce PERFECT for salads, dipping, bowl meals, and more. Just 1 bowl, 5 minutes, and 5 ingredients required!
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar (or honey if not vegan)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tsp freshly grated ginger (you can try subbing dried, but we haven’t tested it)
- Water (to thin into pourable sauce)
To a medium mixing bowl, add tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, sea salt, and ginger. Whisk or stir to combine. Then add water a little at a time until a pourable sauce is achieved.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lemon for acidity, maple syrup for sweetness, ginger for stronger ginger flavor, or salt to taste.
Perfect for salads and bowl meals! Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Not freezer friendly.
*Recipe makes ~3/4 cup (180 ml) sauce.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with maple syrup.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 6 two-Tbsp servings)
- Calories: 127
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.34g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.54g
- Sodium: 204mg
- Potassium: 101mg
- Carbohydrates: 5.89g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Vitamin A: 11.8IU
- Vitamin C: 5.46mg
- Calcium: 15.32mg
- Iron: 1.11mg