Introducing a delicious new treat that’ll put your beautiful fresh strawberries to use: strawberry donuts! These bright, berry-packed beauties boast BIG strawberry flavor, crisp edges with fluffy centers, and a glaze so good you’ll want to lick the bowl clean. They’re vegan + gluten-free, but nobody will know it!
Just 10 ingredients and 30 minutes required! What are you waiting for?! Grab your strawberries and let’s make donuts!
These baked strawberry donuts begin with a vibrant strawberry purée made by blending up fresh strawberries. It goes in both the donut batter and the glaze for BIG strawberry flavor!
For the batter, strawberry purée combines with avocado oil, cane sugar, and vanilla, keeping the wet ingredients neutral in flavor to let the strawberries shine!
The gluten-free flour combo for these donuts includes almond flour, potato starch, and arrowroot starch. This trio makes the donuts light, airy, and a little cakey, and of course we rely on some help from baking powder to get them to rise and salt to add flavor.
Then we make the glaze! Fresh strawberry purée, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt combine for a vibrant pink glaze that’s a little tart, perfectly sweet, and makes you want to face-plant into the bowl.
You can adjust the amount of powdered sugar to your preference, with a less sugary glaze boasting bigger strawberry flavor and color and a glaze with more sugar being sweeter and more stable.
Look at those BEAUTIES! 🤩 You know you want them.
We hope you LOVE these strawberry donuts! They’re:
Slightly crisp on the edges
Fluffy in the centers
& SO delicious!
These vibrant donuts are the perfect treat for strawberry season, spring and summer hosting, weekend fun, and beyond! Grab a glass of dairy-free milk and it’s donut time!
More Vegan + Gluten-Free Donut Recipes
- Easy Baked Chocolate Donuts (Vegan + GF)
- Vegan Gluten-Free Apple Cider Donuts
- No-Bake Lemon Poppy Seed Donut Holes
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Easy Baked Strawberry Donuts (Vegan + GF)
- 2 ⅓ cups fresh strawberries*, hulled and quartered (for glaze and donuts // 2 ⅓ cups strawberries yield ~1 ¼ cup purée or 300 ml // ~1 cup or 240 ml purée for donuts and ~3 Tbsp or 45 ml for icing)
- 1-1 ¼ cup powdered sugar (ensure organic for vegan-friendly)
- 3 Tbsp strawberry purée
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and generously grease your donut pan with avocado oil or refined coconut oil.
- STRAWBERRY PURÉE: To make the strawberry purée, add strawberries to a high-speed blender and blend until super smooth, about 1 minute. 2 ⅓ cups fresh strawberries should make about 1 ¼ cups of strawberry purée. Set aside.
- DONUTS: To a medium mixing bowl, add 1 cup of strawberry purée (adjust amount if altering batch size), cane sugar, avocado oil (or melted coconut oil), and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and fully incorporated. Next add almond flour, potato starch, arrowroot starch, baking powder, and sea salt. Whisk until combined with no flour streaks remaining.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared donut pan, dividing it between 12 donuts. You can also bake in batches if your donut pan only has six donut rings. Smooth the tops and bake for 20-22 minutes until the edges are golden and the donuts spring back when lightly pressed.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and turning out onto a cooling rack to let cool completely.
- GLAZE: Meanwhile, to a small bowl, add the lesser amount of powdered sugar, 3 Tbsp of the strawberry purée (adjust amount if altering batch size), vanilla extract, and sea salt. Whisk well to combine. If the mixture is too thin, add powdered sugar 1 Tbsp at a time until a thick yet pourable consistency is achieved. You want to be able to dip the donuts in the glaze and have it drip down the sides just slightly.
- Once the donuts are fully cool, dip each one into the glaze, coating the top 1/3 of the donut, then flip and place them onto the cooling rack to set. Enjoy while the glaze is still drippy or wait 10-15 minutes for it to set! Best when enjoyed the day of, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days or frozen for up to 1 month.
*We don’t recommend coconut sugar in this recipe. It would likely make a more crumbly donut and overpower the flavor and color of the strawberries.
*Inspired by our Vegan Strawberry Cake (GF).
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with the lesser amount of powdered sugar in the glaze.