If you’re a strawberry lover, then this strawberry frosting is a must-try! Made with creamy vegan butter, ripe strawberry purée, and organic powdered sugar, it’s a trifecta of flavor, texture, and sweetness!
We created this recipe specifically for a vegan gluten-free strawberry cake, and the results were phenomenal! We wanted to use fresh strawberries (versus dried or cooked) to preserve the vibrant fruity profile. This truly does taste like summer bliss on a spoon. Plus, just 3 ingredients, 1 bowl, and 15 minutes required. Let us show you how it’s done!
How to Make Strawberry Frosting
It all starts with fresh, vibrant strawberries for their antioxidant-packed, vitamin C-giving goodness. They’re blended into a purée and whipped with softened vegan butter.
This results in a creamy consistency bursting with pink color.
Lastly, we add powdered sugar to sweeten and ensure a spreadable frosting consistency perfect for all your cake and cupcake needs!
We hope you LOVE this strawberry frosting! It’s:
Slather it on your favorite cake and bring to spring and summer events. It’s perfect for baby showers, birthday parties, 4th of July celebrations, and beyond! And while especially well-matched with our Vegan Strawberry Cake (GF), it’s also delicious on our Easy Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes (Gluten-Free), 1-Bowl Vegan Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake, 1-Bowl Vegan Chocolate Cake, or 1-Bowl Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake.
More Delicious Strawberry Recipes
- Vegan Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Watermelon Sorbet (5 Minutes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Bars (GF)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Vegan Strawberry Frosting
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, at room temperature (we like Earth Balance buttery sticks here)
- 1/4 cup strawberry purée (~1/2 heaping cup or 80 g of halved, fresh strawberries as recipe is written // blend until smooth)
- 3 ½ – 4 cups organic powdered sugar
- Add softened vegan butter to a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer to beat until fluffy — about 1 minute. Add strawberry purée and beat again until fully incorporated, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Begin adding sifted powdered sugar 1/4 cup (28 g) at a time (sifting reduces clumps). Mix on low speed until each 1/4 cup is well incorporated and thick yet spreadable. We found that 3 ½ cups (392 g) was the sweet spot (literally)!
- Spread frosting on a fully cooled strawberry, vanilla, or chocolate cake and enjoy! Use immediately or store frosting in the refrigerator up to 5 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with the lesser amount of powdered sugar.
Leave a Comment & Rating!