How to Make Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (softened to room temperature // such as Earth Balance // butter sticks are best, not the spreadable tub // 1 stick yields 1/2 cup)
- 1 8-ounce container vegan cream cheese (slightly softened // such as Tofutti or Trader Joe’s brand // out of the fridge for 1 hour)
- 3 – 5 cups sifted organic powdered sugar
- To a large mixing bowl, add softened butter and beat or whisk vigorously to combine. Then add vegan cream cheese and mix again until creamy and smooth.
- Add sifted powdered sugar in 1 cup (100 g // amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) increments until thick and spreadable and to desired sweetness.
- You want this frosting to be pretty thick so it won’t slide around, so keep adding powdered sugar until it reaches the right consistency.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Leave a Comment & Rating!