How to Make Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
4-ingredient Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting, perfect for cakes, cupcakes, quick breads, cookies and more!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: ~2 cups
- 1/2 cup (1 stick ) vegan butter, softened to room temperature (such as Earth Balance | butter sticks are best, not the spreadable tub)
- 1 8-ounce container vegan cream cheese, slightly softened (such as Tofutti or Trader Joe’s brand // out of the fridge for 1 hour)
- 3 - 5 cups (300-500 g) sifted organic powdered sugar
- To a large mixing bowl, add softened softened butter and beat or whisk vigorously to combine. Then add vegan cream cheese and mix again until creamy and smooth.
- Add sifted powdered sugar in 1 cup (100 g) increments until thick and spreadable and to desired sweetness.
- You want this frosting to be pretty thick so it won’t slide around, so keep adding powdered sugar until it reaches the right consistency.
- Perfect for frosting cakes, cupcakes, muffins, and more! Refrigerate after frosting to keep fresh (up to 5 days).
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 quarter-cup serving of 8 total servings.
Serving size: 1/4 cup Calories: 280 Fat: 13 g Saturated fat: 4.6 g Carbohydrates: 41 g Sugar: 37.3 g Sodium: 163 mg Fiber: 0 g Protein: 0.3 g