The perfect picnic companion and ultimate thirst quencher on a hot summer day? Oh lemonade, we love you! This Easy Ginger Lemonade is tart, subtly sweet, and (you guessed it) SO refreshing!
Fresh ginger adds the perfect subtle spiciness and complexity to this classic concoction, and it couldn’t be easier with just 3 ingredients and 25 minutes required. Let us show you how it’s done!
How to Make Ginger Lemonade
This lemonade requires just 3 simple ingredients (besides water): agave, lemons, and ginger.
It starts with simmering fresh ginger in a mixture of water and agave to create a naturally sweetened ginger “simple syrup” mixture. Cane sugar would also work, but for natural sweeteners, agave is best. We don’t recommend maple syrup or coconut sugar as their flavors can be overpowering.
To give it BIG lemon flavor and brightness, this lemonade uses a whole lemon per glass, packing a major punch of vitamin C and potassium. A citrus juicer will be your best friend for squeezing all the fresh lemons.
Strain the ginger-agave mixture into the lemon water and give it a stir!
When ready to serve, pour the lemonade over ice and prepare to feel refreshed for all the summer fun!
We hope you LOVE this ginger lemonade! It’s:
Quick & easy
& SO delicious!
It’s the perfect thirst quencher for hot summer days or bringing to picnics and BBQs. Looking for other picnic fare? Try our Simple Vegan Potato Salad, Summer Tomato & Cantaloupe Salad, or Grilled Corn with Sriracha Aioli.
More Recipes for Ginger Lovers
- 1-Bowl Ginger Cookies (V/GF)
- Carrot Ginger Dressing
- Gingery Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Crunchy Cabbage Slaw with Sesame Ginger Dressing
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Refreshing Ginger Lemonade
- 3 ½ cups water (DIVIDED)
- 1/2 cup agave syrup (plus more to taste)
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh ginger, peeling optional (organic when possible)
- 1 cup lemon juice (5 lemons yield ~1 cup or 240 ml juice)
FOR GARNISH optional
- Fresh mint leaves
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup (120 ml) water, the agave, and the chopped fresh ginger. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Once simmering, cook for 10 minutes to extract the ginger flavor. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, to a glass jar or pitcher add lemon juice and remaining water. Place a strainer over the jar/lemon mixture and pass the ginger syrup through it, removing any small pieces of ginger. Whisk the lemonade well to mix in the ginger syrup, and serve it over ice. Optionally, garnish with fresh mint leaves. Serve on its own or as a mixer with tequila, gin, or vodka.
- Lemonade will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to 5 days, or freeze in popsicle molds for a sweet, cold treat! Can also be frozen into ice cubes and added to summer beverages.
*Recipe inspired by the Ginger Lemonade at Bento Picnic and adapted from our Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade.
Leave a Comment & Rating!