Have some carrots hanging out in the back of the fridge and not sure what to do with them?
Bring them back to life with this fresh and simple 4-ingredient recipe!
How to Make Pickled Carrots
- Add small carrots to a glass jar (or slice into smaller pieces if using large carrots)
- Heat vinegar in a saucepan (we like distilled and/or apple cider vinegar in this recipe)
- Add sugar and salt and stir to dissolve
- Pour vinegar mixture over carrots, making sure to completely submerge them in the vinegar mixture
- Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour (or longer for more intense flavor)
We hope you LOVE these quick pickled carrots. They’re:
& SO delicious!
If you try this recipe, let us know! We love seeing your comments, ratings, and photos tagged #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
More Quick Pickling Recipes
- Spicy Pickled Cauliflower (Escabeche)
- Quick Refrigerator Pickles
- Quick Pickled Onions
- Quick Pickled Radishes
Quick Pickled Carrots
A step-by-step guide for making quick pickled carrots. Only 4 ingredients required!
- ~1 lb carrots, tops removed, peeled if needed, sliced into sticks
- 2/3 cup distilled white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water (for stronger flavor, sub vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp organic cane sugar (or stevia to taste)
Add carrots to a large mason jar or glass container. Set aside.
To a small saucepan add distilled white vinegar, water, salt, and sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and stir to fully dissolve salt and sugar. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt or sugar to taste.
Pour the brine over the carrots, ensuring they are fully submerged. If needed, add more vinegar or a little water to cover.
Seal well and shake to combine. Then refrigerate for at least 1 hour. The flavors will deepen and intensify the longer it marinates. Best flavor is achieved after 24 hours.
Will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks (sometimes longer). Not freezer friendly.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 8 two-piece servings)
- Calories: 29
- Fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.06g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.01g
- Sodium: 185mg
- Potassium: 181mg
- Carbohydrates: 6.9g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Vitamin A: 9472IU
- Vitamin C: 3.35mg
- Calcium: 19.04mg
- Iron: 0.17mg