One of our favorite bowl meals is the Super Bol from Fresa’s. And the star of that bowl is the spicy Pickled Cauliflower, also known as escabeche.
It’s crunchy, flavorful, and has a kick of heat! Our inspired version is easy to make and requires just 9 ingredients. Let’s do this!
How to Make Pickled Cauliflower
- Add cauliflower, jalapeño, habanero, garlic, and lime juice to a glass jar
- Heat vinegars in a saucepan (we like to use a combination of distilled white vinegar and apple cider vinegar for ideal flavor)
- Add sugar and salt and stir to dissolve
- Pour vinegar mixture over cauliflower, making sure to completely submerge the florets in the vinegar mixture
- Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour (or longer for more intense flavor)
We hope you LOVE this pickled cauliflower. It’s:
& SO delicious!
If you try this recipe, let us know! We love seeing your comments, ratings, and photos tagged #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
More Quick Pickling Recipes
Spicy Pickled Cauliflower (Escabeche)
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1-2 medium habanero peppers, minced (seeds intact)
- 1/2 small jalapeño, sliced (seeds intact)
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1 ½ cups distilled white vinegar, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp organic cane sugar (or sub honey, stevia, or maple syrup to taste)
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- Add cauliflower florets to a large mason jar or glass container (using as many as needed), along with habanero peppers, jalapeño pepper, garlic, and lime juice. Set aside.
- To a small saucepan add distilled white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and stir to fully dissolve salt and sugar.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt or sugar to taste.
- Pour the hot brine over the cauliflower until your glass container(s) are full. Ensure the cauliflower is fully submerged. If needed, add more vinegar or a little water to cover.
- Seal well and shake to combine. Then refrigerate for at least 1 hour. The flavors will deepen and intensify the longer it marinates. Best flavor is achieved after 24 hours.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks (sometimes longer). Not freezer friendly.