If you’ve ever fallen out of love with cauliflower, this dish will help rekindle that fire.
It’s crispy, fast, flavorful, and incredibly versatile — think holiday side dish or a topper for salads, bowls, and more.
Let us show you how it’s done!
This recipe is simple, requiring just 30 minutes and 4 ingredients to prepare!
How to Make Crispy Cauliflower
While there are many methods for making crispy cauliflower, this method is fast and effective.
- Preheat oven to 450 F / 232 C.
- Chop and toss cauliflower with a little oil and seasonings of choice.
- Sear on the stovetop over medium-high heat to get a crispy, browned exterior.
- Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is slightly tender with crispy edges.
That’s about as easy as it gets!
This recipe’s adapted from our Miso-Glazed Brussels Sprout recipe — relying on the sear first, then roast method, which we love because it speeds cook time and gives you more control over the final texture.
We hope you LOVE this cauliflower! It’s:
Crispy on the outside
Tender on the inside
Simple & quick to make
& Incredibly delicious
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Spicy Korean Style Cauliflower “Wings”
- Red Curry Cauliflower “Wings”
- Cashew-Crusted Cauliflower “Steak”
- Curried Cauliflower Salad with Grapes
- Cauliflower Banh Mi Sandwich
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Quick Crispy Cauliflower
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil (or sub other neutral-flavored oil with high smoke point)
FOR SERVING optional
- Fresh cilantro
- Toasted slivered almonds*
- Fresh tahini
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (232 C) and get out a large, oven-safe rimmed skillet (we prefer cast iron).
- Add chopped cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and top with oil, salt, seasonings of choice, and maple syrup (optional for a bit of sweetness). Toss to coat (see photo).
- Heat your large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add just enough oil to coat the pan (about 1-2 Tbsp / 15-30 ml as recipe is written — adjust amounts as needed if adjusting serving size).
- Heat oil for 1 minute. Then add cauliflower (add only as much will fit comfortably in the pan — crowding will lead to soggy cauliflower) and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring / tossing occasionally until your cauliflower has a slight sear / golden brown exterior.
- Carefully transfer pan to the preheated oven and bake on the center rack for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking, until the cauliflower is golden brown and cooked through. It should be tender with a slight bite and crispy edges.
- Garnish with desired herbs or nuts, such as cilantro and slivered almonds (optional), and serve immediately. We also like adding a drizzle of fresh tahini (also optional) for another layer of flavor and creamy texture.
- Store cooled leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days. Not freezer friendly. Best when fresh for optimal texture.
*Learn more about the history of curry powder here, as well as how to make our custom blend!
*Learn more about the history of shawarma spice blend here, as well as how to make our go-to blend at home!
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients and with the lesser amount of avocado oil (2 Tbsp /30 ml total as the recipe is written).