Pumpkin cookies? We like. Snickerdoodles? Double like. Pumpkin snickerdoodles?! Loooooooove entirely! Name that movie, friends (The Grinch!), then make these tender, spicy, perfectly pumpkin-y cookies!
They’re unbelievably soft and pillowy and undetectably gluten-free and vegan. It’s a win-win-win situation. Just 30 minutes stand between you and fall-filled cookie perfection. Let us show you how it’s done!
How to Make Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
The base of these pillowy pumpkin cookies starts the way many great cookies do: creaming the (vegan) butter and (coconut) sugar to add air pockets, which makes them light and fluffy. Then we add in pumpkin purée, which keeps the cookies moist and tender, plus pumpkin pie spice for BIG fall flavor. Yum!
Next come the dry ingredients. First up is our BRAND NEW Gluten-Free Flour Blend. It’s the gluten-free flour of our dreams and is ideal for the home baker who loves a simple and effective replacement for all-purpose flour. It creates tender, fluffy, and undetectably gluten-free baked goods, and we can’t wait for you to try it!
In addition to our dreamy flour, these pumpkin cookies need just a touch of almond flour and cornstarch for added flavor and fluffiness.
After a quick mix, the cookie dough is ready for rolling in classic sugary snickerdoodle fashion! But it’s even better, because we swapped cinnamon for pumpkin pie spice.
After baking, these cookies are soft, crackly, pillowy perfection. Time to whip up your favorite fall drink or pour a glass of (dairy-free) milk and dig in!
We hope you LOVE these pumpkin snickerdoodles! They’re:
Quick & easy
& PERFECT for fall!
They’re the ultimate treat to bring to fall gatherings or freeze before baking to enjoy fresh-baked fall flavor any time of year!
Love Pumpkin Recipes? Try These Next:
- 1-Bowl Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Creamy Pumpkin Pie Bars (V + GF)
- 1-Bowl Pumpkin Bread (V + GF)
- Vegan Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Pillowy Pumpkin Snickerdoodles (V + GF)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened (we prefer Earth Balance buttery sticks in this recipe)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin purée*
- 3/4 cup Minimalist Baker Gluten-Free Flour Blend (see notes if using DIY blend)
- 1 ⅓ cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch (or arrowroot starch)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup cane sugar (organic for vegan-friendly)
- 1 ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the softened butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla until pale and slightly fluffy. Add the pumpkin purée and beat again until well combined and fluffy.
- Add the remaining ingredients — gluten-free flour, almond flour, cornstarch (or arrowroot), baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt — and beat on low until well combined.
- In a small bowl, make the topping by combining the cane sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Mix to evenly combine. Set nearby.
- Use a cookie scoop (like this one) or a tablespoon to measure out 1 ½ Tbsp amounts of dough to gently roll into balls. The dough will be very soft, so be gentle. Roll in the pumpkin spice/sugar topping and arrange on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Press down gently with the palm of your hand or a glass to flatten slightly.
- Bake cookies for 18-20 minutes, or until slightly spread and fluffy. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and, for best texture, let cool for 10 minutes before enjoying!
- Once cooled, store leftover cookies covered at room temperature for 2-3 days, or in the freezer for 1 month.
*We tested this with our DIY GF Flour Blend and it works but requires ~1/3 cup extra for the right texture.
*Loosely adapted from our 1-Bowl Snickerdoodle Cookies (Vegan + GF).
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Leave a Comment & Rating!