S’mores…COOKIES? They’re just as irresistible as they sound! A friend even described them as “the best cookies EVER!” We’re talking gooey marshmallows and melty chocolate held together in one incredible graham-flavored cookie. All the fun of camping, without having to camp! Sign us up!
Did we mention they’re undetectably vegan, optionally gluten-free, and come together in just 1 bowl in 25 minutes!? Let’s make s’mores indoors!
How to Make S’mores Cookies
These EASY s’mores cookies begin with a sweet, buttery base of coconut sugar (for graham flavor!) and vegan butter, plus a flax egg for binding. Using an electric mixer to cream them together leads to light and fluffy cookies, but if you don’t have a mixer, a little elbow grease will work, too!
For the dry ingredients, we add cookie classics including all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Our 1:1 gluten-free flour blend works beautifully in place of the all-purpose flour. If using other gluten-free blends (including our original DIY blend and many store-bought blends), they will benefit from the addition of a little extra flour because they aren’t as absorbent.
The final additions are (vegan) chocolate chips and marshmallows to take these cookies into s’mores land!
Scoop the dough, place it on your baking sheet, and add an extra marshmallow for good measure (and slightly “roasty” tops like classic s’mores!). All that’s left is to bake and enjoy!
We can’t WAIT for you to try these s’mores cookies! They’re:
Crispy on the edges
Tender on the inside
Studded with melty chocolate + gooey marshmallows
& Just like s’mores but easier!
They’re the ideal cookies for s’mores lovers, cookie lovers, and everyone in between. Take them to summer gatherings or on road trips, or make a cookie sundae with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge (oh holy moly, that would be good!).
More Recipes For S’mores Lovers
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
1-Bowl Vegan S’mores Cookies
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal (to make a flax egg)
- 2 ½ Tbsp water (to make a flax egg)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar*
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter (we like Miyoko’s)
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour (or MB 1:1 GF Blend // or 1 ⅓ cups DIY or other GF blend*)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy-free as needed // we like Enjoy Life)
- 1/2 cup mini vegan marshmallows (plus more for topping // we like Dandies)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add the flaxseed meal and water. Set aside for 5 minutes to let gel (this is your “flax egg”). Next, add the coconut sugar and vegan butter and beat with an electric mixer (or a whisk and some elbow grease) until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in the all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour blend), baking powder, and sea salt and mix on medium-low until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Use a ~1 ½ Tbsp cookie scoop (we like this one) to scoop out your cookies and place them 2 inches apart on your baking sheets. Top each cookie with 1-2 extra mini marshmallows and gently press them into the dough (they get slightly brown in the oven, just like the marshmallow in the perfect s’more!).
- Bake on the center rack for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the marshmallows are lightly browned. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool further. Enjoy warm or cooled.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days at room temperature. You can store scooped dough for up to 1 month in the freezer.
*We slightly preferred the texture of the cookies with our 1:1 BEST GF Blend (vs. our DIY GF Blend), but both work! If using our DIY Blend or another gluten-free flour blend, we suggest using 1 ⅓ cups of flour because they tend to be less absorbent.
*Adapted from our Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with all-purpose flour and Dandies marshmallows.