Is a cupcake even a cupcake without frosting? We vote that’s a muffin, friends! Enter a new addition to our frosting collection: Vegan PEANUT BUTTER Frosting! It’s rich, FLUFFY, and basically a crime that it didn’t have a dedicated space on the blog sooner.
Just 3 ingredients, 1 bowl, and 5 minutes required! Let’s do this, friends!
How to Make Vegan Peanut Butter Frosting
Making a vegan version of peanut butter frosting couldn’t be too hard, right!? Just swap out the butter for vegan butter? In theory, yes!
But, if you’ve ever tried it with natural peanut butter, you’ve likely been left with a sad, separated mess. We know the frustration!
After some trial and error, we discovered a hack! If you whip the peanut butter with the powdered sugar first (instead of whipping the vegan butter and powdered sugar), it stabilizes the peanut butter, leading to a light, fluffy result! Huzzah — peanut butter problems no more.
We hope you LOVE this peanut butter frosting! It’s:
Quick & easy
& SO delicious!
Enjoy it on your favorite cupcakes, cakes, whoopie pies, cookies, and more! Still searching for a favorite? Try our 1-Bowl Vegan Chocolate Cake, Best Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes, Chocolate Cake + Cupcake Mix (Vegan + GF), Easy Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes (Gluten-Free), 1-Bowl Vegan Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake, or Vegan Whoopie Pies.
More Vegan Frosting Recipes
- How to Make Dairy-Free Buttercream Frosting
- Cashew Buttercream Frosting (2 Ways!)
- Vegan Strawberry Frosting
- How to Make Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- Date-Sweetened Chocolate Frosting
- Vegan Matcha Buttercream Frosting (1 Bowl!)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Fluffy Vegan Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter (ensure it only has one ingredient: peanuts)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (ensure organic for vegan-friendly)
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter (salted // we used Miyoko’s)
- To a medium mixing bowl, add natural peanut butter and powdered sugar. Whip well with an electric mixer so the powdered sugar fully absorbs the peanut butter’s oil. This ensures the oil will not separate from the peanut butter in the future! It will look crumbly at this point, which is normal.
- Add the softened vegan butter to the peanut butter mixture. Whip starting on a low speed and slowly working up to high. Whip for 1 minute until light and fluffy with no peanut butter flecks remaining.
- If using immediately, you can leave the frosting at room temperature for up to 1 hour. Or, for later use, place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator so it doesn’t melt. It will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator or 1 month in the freezer.
- When ready to use, let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes and give it a good stir before frosting your cake/cupcakes.
Leave a Comment & Rating!