What started as a summer panzanella salad magically morphed into the most zingy, fresh, delicious, creamy summer salad on the block. We swapped bread croutons for super flavorful Crispy BBQ Chickpeas (optional but recommended), which add plenty of plant-based protein and fiber. And we skipped the greens and went straight for a rainbow of fresh chopped veggies and fresh pineapple for maximum flavor.
The dressing is shockingly simple and delicious: Just lime juice, tahini, coconut aminos, salt, and pepper. It’s magical! Zingy, savory, salty, and naturally sweet. Perfection! The marriage of these flavors is next level. Plus, just 25 minutes required. Let us show you how it’s done!
How to Make This Summer Salad
This salad is filled with fresh, crunchy, seasonal produce including corn, zucchini, red bell pepper, green beans, and radishes. Pineapple adds a naturally sweet, fruity element to take it to the next level!
The couldn’t-be-simpler dressing is made by whisking creamy tahini with lime juice for tanginess, coconut aminos for a salty-sweet element, and salt and pepper for added flavor.
The dressing lathers the veggies for maximum flavor in every bite.
All that’s left is (optionally) topping with our Crispy BBQ Chickpeas for a smoky, spicy, and seriously addictive final touch.
We hope you LOVE this summer salad! It’s:
& SO Fresh!
It’s perfect for prepping ahead of time and enjoying throughout the week, taking to BBQs and picnics, enjoying over greens or grain bowls, using as a taco topper, and beyond!
More Creamy Salads
- Creamy Vegan Broccoli Salad (Mayo-Free!)
- Grilled Corn Salad with Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing (30 Minutes!)
- Creamy Vegan Cucumber Salad (German-Inspired)
- 5-Minute Green Salad with No-Mix Tahini Dressing
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Creamy Summer Salad (with Crispy BBQ Chickpeas)
- 1 batch Crispy BBQ Chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (or sub other bell pepper)
- 1 cup chopped zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (or sub cucumber)
- 1 cup chopped radishes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels cut from the cob
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (can try subbing other summer fruit, such as stone fruit or mango)
- If you are serving with Crispy BBQ Chickpeas, prepare those first. While they bake in the oven, start on the salad!
- In a large mixing bowl, add coconut aminos, lime juice, tahini, and salt and pepper and whisk until well combined and smooth. Taste and adjust, adding more salt and pepper to taste, lime juice for zing/acidity, or coconut aminos for sweetness/depth of flavor.
- Add in chopped green beans, bell pepper, zucchini, radishes, corn, and pineapple. Stir gently to evenly coat salad ingredients with dressing. Place your salad in the refrigerator while you finish the Crispy BBQ Chickpeas.
- Best when fresh. If preparing in advance, store chickpeas and salad separately. Store salad in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and chickpeas in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 4-5 days.
*Prep time and ingredient count does not include optional Crispy BBQ Chickpeas.