Introducing a tasty new sauce for your next taco night or burrito bowl lunch: creamy cashew jalapeño sauce! This subtly spicy, savory sauce comes together with just 6 ingredients and 5 minutes active prep time.
Inspired by a restaurant called Harlow, it’s a versatile flavor addition to bowls, quesadillas, and so much more! Get ready to level up your next meal. Let us show you how it’s done!
Grab these 6 ingredients and it’s creamy jalapeño sauce time: cashews, jalapeño, nutritional yeast, lime, garlic, and salt!
Soak the cashews to soften and ensure a milder flavor, then add the soaked cashews to a blender. Blend them up with the remaining ingredients plus water. And that’s it!
We hope you LOVE this cashew jalapeño sauce! It’s:
& SO delicious!
We love it on everything from tortilla chips to bowls, quesadillas, salads, enchiladas, and tacos. It adds a cheesy richness that really brings a meal together!
More Vegan Sauces
- Easy Vegan Hollandaise Sauce
- Vegan Bechamel Sauce
- Quick Ginger Garlic Miso Tahini Sauce
- Easy Romesco Sauce (7 Ingredients!)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Creamy Cashew Jalapeño Sauce (6 Ingredients!)
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 small jalapeño, roughly chopped (1/2 small jalapeño yields ~2 Tbsp or 17 g)
- 1/2-1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 medium clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add cashews to a heatproof bowl and cover with hot water by at least 1-2 inches. Soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Drain the cashews and add them to a high-speed blender with the remaining ingredients (jalapeño, nutritional yeast, water, lime juice, garlic, and salt). Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust, as needed, adding more nutritional yeast for cheesiness, lime juice for brightness, jalapeño for heat, or salt for overall flavor.
- Use immediately as a dip or on bowls, quesadillas, salads, enchiladas, tacos, and beyond. Store leftover sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with the lesser amount of nutritional yeast.
Leave a Comment & Rating!