By now, you probably know I have a thing for granola. But what you probably don’t know is that I also have a thing for chocolate.
Wait. You already knew that, too (obviously). Hmph.
Well, then you won’t be surprised that I’m sharing a recipe for chocolate granola! Besides, who doesn’t want a (healthier) version of Cocoa Puffs in their life?
This chocolate granola is inspired by one I tried recently by Purely Elizabeth. I demolished the whole bag in a matter of days and knew I wanted to create a version for the blog.
This recipe is simple, requiring just 9 ingredients and roughly 30 minutes to make!
The base is nuts, oats, chia seeds, and coconut. To keep things on the healthier side, I went with maple syrup and coconut sugar for natural sweetness. And the chocolate flavor comes from both cocoa powder and vegan dark chocolate! Yessss, come to Mama.
I hope you all LOVE this chocolate granola! It’s:
Protein- + Fiber-rich
Quick + easy to make
This would make the perfect quick breakfast or on-the-go snack. I love adding this granola to some coconut yogurt and berries for an easy summertime breakfast or snack when I don’t feel like cooking.
For more granola recipes, be sure to check out our 7-Ingredient Quinoa Granola, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola, Banana Bread Granola, Nut ‘n’ Honey Coconut Granola, Chunky Coconut Granola, Strawberry Coconut Granola, Grain-Free Granola, and Gingerbread Granola!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Granola
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped raw nuts (almonds, pecans, and/or walnuts are best)
- 1/4 cup desiccated or shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp coconut or organic cane sugar (or other dry sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut (or avocado) oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (plus more to taste // or other liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips or chunks (optional // sweeter chocolate is best – I like Trader Joe’s 72% dark chocolate bar)
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F (171 C).
- To a food processor (or mixing bowl), add the oats, nuts, coconut, chia seeds, coconut sugar, salt, and cocoa powder. Pulse a few times (or stir) to combine.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the coconut oil and maple syrup until melted and combined. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix or stir well. If using a food processor, this breaks down the oats and nuts a bit more so it’s a finer texture, but this is optional.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet (or more baking sheets if making a larger batch) and bake for 17-24 minutes (or until fragrant and deep golden brown), stirring a bit near the halfway point to ensure even baking.
- Let cool completely. Then add chocolate (optional). Place in a container that has an air-tight seal, and it should keep for a few weeks. Or store in the freezer up to 1 month or longer.
*Recipe makes ~4 ½ cups granola.
Leave a Comment & Rating!