Peanut butter and chocolate just go together. Can we agree on that?
OK, then we can move onto how DELICIOUS this granola is! Perfectly crisp peanut buttery oats sprinkled with dairy-free chocolate chips. It’s like Christmas in the mouth.
This granola is my simplest yet! Mama so proud.
Just 6 ingredients and about 30 minutes required. And you likely already have all the ingredients you need on hand! Those are the best kind of recipes, no?
The process is simple:
Stir oats and sugar
Warm peanut butter, olive oil and maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
Pour on oats and toss
Bake until golden brown
Cool and add chocolate chips!
Then you get to experience the goodness that is Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola. (A little secret? It’s basically like eating a candy bar for breakfast – THE GREATEST.)
If you’re a peanut butter lover you’re going to flip over this granola. It’s
Studded with chocolate chips
Full of fiber and protein (you know, healthy!)
A healthier dessert
& Kind of perfect
It also makes a great gift for fellow peanut butter chocolate fiends. I gifted some of this batch to my birthday twin, Bet. I think she was pretty stoked (or she’s a really good liar). Don’t tell her but I kept half for myself. What? It was my birthday, too!
If you try this granola, let us know! Take a picture and share it on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #minimalistbaker. Or Pin it. (Do you follow us there? You should totally follow us there.) Fair warning though: it’ll make all your friends jealous of your breakfast eats. (But so worth it.) Cheers!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola
- 3 heaping cups rolled oats (gluten-free for GF eaters)
- 2 Tbsp organic cane sugar (or sub granulated)
- 1/4 cup olive, avocado, or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup creamy natural salted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar (or sub honey if not vegan)
- 1/3 cup dairy-free dark or bittersweet chocolate chips (minis would work great, too!)
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F (171 C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats and sugar. (Note: this helps add an extra crispiness to the final product and sweetens it up a bit more. But if you're sugar conscious, it's optional. However, I recommend it!)
- Warm peanut butter, oil, and maple syrup or agave in a small skillet or saucepan until thoroughly combined and pourable.
- Pour over oats and quickly toss/stir to combine. If it appears too wet, add more oats (mine was just right).
- Spread evenly on a large baking sheet (or two small baking sheets) and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until evenly golden brown. Watch closely as it tends to brown quickly near the end. IMPORTANT: Toss once around the 15-minute mark to ensure even baking.
- Remove from oven, toss gently to release heat and let cool completely on the pan.
- Transfer to mixing bowl or storage container and add chocolate chips (optional) and stir or shake.
- Eat with almond milk - my favorite. Sliced bananas take it to the next level.
- Will keep fresh for up to two weeks. Freeze after that.