Boring weeknight dinners, step aside! This savory, satisfying sheet pan meal, inspired by our fan-favorite Crispy Baked Tofu with Italian Herbs, combines caramelized roasted veggies with crumbled tofu and a tahini or garlicky hummus sauce.
The result is a nourishing vegan and gluten-free meal made with just 10 ingredients. Easy to make and packed with plant-based protein, this will become one of your go-tos! The best part? It’s adaptable to what’s in season so you can enjoy it year-round! Let us show you how it’s done!
This 1-pan wonder starts with roasting your choice of veggies. For a winter variation, we went with butternut squash and red cabbage, plus red onion for sweetness.
While the veggies are roasting, we crumble and season the Italian herb tofu. Crumbling it ensures crispy edges and seasoning with balsamic vinegar, tamari, olive oil, tomato paste, garlic, and Italian herb seasoning (basil + oregano + thyme) brings MAJOR flavor!
Once the veggies begin to soften, the tofu joins the party for the remaining time in the oven. The end result is crispy tofu and tender, caramelized veggies…all on one sheet pan. MAGIC!
We hope you LOVE this winter vegetable and tofu sheet pan meal! It’s:
Easy to make
& Easy to clean up!
Enjoy it on its own or drizzle with our 3-Ingredient Tahini Sauce or Garlicky Hummus Sauce to make it even more satisfying and cohesive!
More Sheet Pan Meals
- Sheet Pan Meal: Curried Sweet Potato & Chickpeas
- Tandoori Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner
- Easy Baked Cod with Spring Vegetables
- Roasted Broccoli Sweet Potato Chickpea Salad
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Italian Herb Tofu & Winter Vegetable Sheet Pan Meal
- 6 cups butternut squash, peeled and sliced into 1-inch cubes (1 ½ lb squash yields ~6 cups // or sub delicata squash or sweet potato)
- 3 cups red cabbage, cut into 1/2-inch strips (1/2 cabbage yields ~3 cups or 290g)
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced into 8-10 wedges through the root end (1 onion yields ~2 cups or 240g sliced)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp tamari (or soy sauce // ensure gluten-free as needed)
- 1 (14-oz.) package extra-firm tofu
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (NOT glaze)
- 1 ½ Tbsp tamari (or soy sauce // ensure gluten-free as needed)
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Italian herb seasoning (basil + oregano + thyme)
- 4-5 small cloves garlic, crushed or minced (4-5 cloves yield ~2 tsp crushed)
FOR SERVING optional
- Garlicky Hummus Sauce (or 3-Ingredient Tahini Sauce)
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat your oven to 425 F (218 C) and set out a large baking sheet.
- VEGGIES: To a large mixing bowl add cubed squash, cabbage, red onion, olive oil, and tamari. Toss well to coat.
- Spread the vegetables out onto the baking sheet (and set the bowl aside — you can use it for the tofu). Roast for 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- TOFU: Meanwhile, prepare the tofu. Wrap your extra-firm tofu in an absorbent towel. Set something heavy on top — like a cast iron skillet — to press out extra moisture for 15 minutes. Alternatively, use a tofu press.
- To the now empty mixing bowl, add the balsamic vinegar, tamari, olive oil, tomato paste, Italian herb seasoning, and minced garlic. Whisk well to combine.
- Next, crumble the tofu into pieces less than 1/2 inch in size and add them to the sauce, stirring well to coat.
- Once the vegetables are soft, stir them and top with the prepared tofu. Roast for 25-30 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until the tofu is crispy and the vegetables are tender and caramelizing at the edges.
- Serve with Garlicky Hummus Sauce or 3-Ingredient Tahini Sauce and freshly chopped parsley (optional).
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
*Loosely adapted from Bon Appétit’s Warm Winter Vegetable Salad with Halloumi.
Leave a Comment & Rating!