It’s no secret that golden milk is one of our favorite drinks! It’s nourishing, anti-inflammatory, and incredibly delicious.
We previously created a recipe for Golden Milk Mix to help get golden milk on the table fast. But what if there was an even quicker way to make perfect, creamy golden milk every time!? Behold, golden milk paste!
Golden milk* is a health-promoting tonic that has its roots in India and the practice of Ayurveda. And this golden paste is made with just 7 ingredients and requires only 10 minutes to prepare.
The paste uses the same spices as our golden milk mix (turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, nutmeg, and cloves), but includes coconut oil, maple syrup for sweetness, and a little water to make a paste that blends effortlessly into your dairy-free milk of choice.
And since it’s already sweetened, there’s no guesswork or sweetening to taste. Just heat milk, whisk in golden paste, and BAM — your golden milk latte is ready to enjoy!
We hope you love this golden milk paste. It’s:
It’s perfect any time of day: a caffeine-free morning, afternoon boost, or comforting evening. If you’re into golden milk, be sure to check out our original Vegan Golden Milk, Golden Milk Smoothie, Golden Milk Macaroons, and Golden Milk Ice Cream!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Golden Milk Paste
GOLDEN MILK PASTE
- 4 Tbsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground ginger powder (plus more to taste)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon (plus more to taste)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/8 tsp ground clove (optional)
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil (fat helps increase the absorption of turmeric — if avoiding oil, reduce to 1 tsp or less and compensate with additional water)
- 3-4 Tbsp maple syrup (or other sweetener of choice // or if you’d prefer, omit and sweeten golden milk to taste upon preparation)
- 1-2 Tbsp hot water
TO MAKE GOLDEN MILK
- 1 ½ tsp Golden Milk Paste (recipe above)
- 1 cup dairy-free milk (we find light canned coconut milk, cashew milk, or almond milk to work best here, our favorite being coconut milk)
- More sweetener to taste (optional)
- To make mix, add all spices (add-ins optional) to a small jar and shake or stir thoroughly to combine. Add melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and hot water (starting with lesser end of ranges) and stir until a paste forms.
- To make HOT golden milk, add 1 ½ tsp Golden Milk Paste and 1 cup dairy-free milk to a small saucepan and whisk to combine (amounts as original recipe is written // adjust if making more than 1 serving). Heat over medium heat until just hot/warm (not boiling). Taste test and add additional sweetener if desired.
- To make ICED golden milk, add 1 ½ tsp Golden Milk Paste and 1 cup dairy-free milk to a glass jar with a lid and shake vigorously to combine. Place several large ice cubes in a serving glass, then pour the shaken golden milk over ice before serving.
- Store paste in the refrigerator up to 1 month. Double the recipe if you intend to use it daily (it goes fast!). You can also store paste in the freezer by filling the wells of an ice cube tray according to your desired serving size.