Hey friends! It’s that time of year again as summer comes to a close in our part of the world. And as fall routines settle back in, we’re here to bring you bite-sized pillows of joy to help ease the transition. Sound good?
These tender, wholesome cookies are made in 1 bowl and require just 30 minutes to prepare. Let’s bake!
These cookies begin with a flax egg, made by adding flaxseed meal and water to a mixing bowl and letting it sit to achieve an “eggy” texture. Banana acts as another binder while lending natural sweetness and mild banana flavor to the cookies.
P.S. If you’re new to plant-based or egg-free baking, check out our Beginner’s Guide to Plant-Based Baked Goods for tons of tips, methods, and recipes for getting perfect baked goods every time.
Almond butter takes the place of some of the oil in this recipe, providing protein, fiber, magnesium, and all sorts of other good nutrients. A small amount of coconut oil or non-dairy butter gives these cookies a touch of crispiness on the edges.
Next come the cookie classics: brown sugar and vanilla for deliciousness, baking soda and baking powder for fluffiness, and sea salt to enhance all the flavors. Swoon!
These cookies are made without any refined flours.
We used wholesome oat flour and almond meal to keep these cookies on the healthier side. But don’t you worry — the health factor is undetectable.
Lastly, these cookies are studded with mini chocolate chips to give each bite a satisfying chocolate flavor. Banana + almond butter + chocolate = dreamy.
We hope you ENJOY these cookies! They’re:
Packed with oats & almonds
Studded with dark chocolate
& SO delicious
These cookies are perfect for grab-and-go snacks, adding to lunch boxes, or just having on hand throughout the week for a healthier treat.
If you’re into chocolate + cookies, be sure to check out our Perfect Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Fudgy Vegan Brownie Cookies, and Soft & Chewy Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Fluffy 1-Bowl Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal (to make flax egg)
- 2 ½ Tbsp water (to make flax egg)
- 1 medium ripe banana (1 medium banana equals ~118 g unpeeled)
- 1/3 cup roasted almond butter (if salted, forgo additional pinch of sea salt)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or non-dairy butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp organic brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
- 3/4 cup oat flour (ground from gluten-free oats)
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped vegan dark chocolate or chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flaxseed meal and water and let sit for a few minutes to achieve “eggy” texture.
- Add the banana and mash. Then add almond butter, melted coconut oil, brown sugar, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and whisk to combine.
- Add almond meal and oat flour and mix again with a wooden spoon. Add chocolate chips and stir again. If batter appears very wet, add 1 Tbsp additional almond flour. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes to harden.
- Drop cookies in uniform 1 ½ Tbsp spoonfuls (I like using this scoop) onto prepared baking sheet. They won’t expand much so spacing isn’t a concern.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden brown.
- Let rest on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. After completely cooled, store in an air-tight container at room temperature (or in the refrigerator) up to 3-4 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with coconut oil and dairy-free dark chocolate chips.
Leave a Comment & Rating!