Introducing our GO-TO side for summer gatherings (and beyond!): three bean salad! It travels well, keeps well, and comes together fast with simple, affordable pantry staples.
Plus, it’s packed with fiber, crunchy veggies, and a flavorful, herby vinaigrette that makes you want more! Who knew beans could be so irresistible!? Just 10 minutes and 1 bowl required to make this bean-filled beauty. Let us show you how!
Beans, beans, the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you feel GREAT! That’s how the song goes, right? 😉 Well, we say it should! Because beans are one of the best sources of fiber, and fiber is one of the keys to promoting good health!
The dressing on these beans makes it EASY to get your fiber in. Olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and maple syrup combine for a punchy, subtly sweet, Italian-inspired dressing!
Fresh celery and red onion provide a subtle crunch, and optional fresh parsley is a nice, herby addition if you have it around!
A trifecta of beans (chickpea, cannellini, and kidney) provide a beautiful contrast of colors and textures. Stir everything together and you may have just made the easiest, most nourishing, flavor-packed dish to hit your kitchen this summer!
We hope you LOVE this three bean salad! It’s:
& SO quick & easy!
It’s the answer for grab-and-go lunches, summer gatherings, road trips, when it’s too hot to turn on the oven, and any time you have a mostly bare fridge with celery and onions staring you down! If you want to make it into a simple meal, we think this salad would be great served with fresh greens and avocado toast.
More Summer Salads
- Mediterranean-Inspired Orzo Pasta Salad
- Snap Pea Salad with Zesty Lemon Vinaigrette
- Grilled Corn & Zucchini Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- Vegan Nicoise Salad (30 Minutes!)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Easy Three Bean Salad
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4-1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 stalks celery, diced (4 stalks yield ~1 cup or 120 g)
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced (1/2 medium onion yields ~3/4 cup or 72g)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- To a large mixing bowl, add olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, sea salt, black pepper (optional), and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Next, add drained and rinsed cannellini beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, diced celery, diced red onion, and chopped parsley (optional). Stir well to combine. Taste and adjust as needed, adding more olive oil for richness, vinegar for punch, salt for overall flavor, or maple syrup for sweetness. Serve at room temperature or let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container refrigerated for up to 3-5 days. Not freezer friendly.
Leave a Comment & Rating!