Sometimes your food just needs to be extra.
Like, you don’t just want it to taste good. You also want it to look beautiful.
Those two needs are happily met in this SUPER creamy Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl that’s ready in 5 minutes with just 5 wholesome ingredients.
Frozen banana creates the creamy, sweet base. Frozen raspberries (or other berry of choice) add a bit of fruit flavor and antioxidants, while frozen dragon fruit creates that gorgeous hot-pink hue.
To be honest, dragon fruit doesn’t taste like much (but it adds tons of health-promoting vitamins and minerals), which is why adding any combination of fruit and protein powder will affect the flavor however you wish!
The secret to a thick smoothie bowl consistency?
- Blend slow and slow
- Scrape often
- Add only as much liquid as needed to blend
It’s as easy as that!
We hope you LOVE this bowl! It’s:
Vitamin- + Nutrient-packed
Easy to make
Hot pink (!!)
& So delicious
This would make the perfect quick-and-easy breakfast, snack, or healthier dessert. Enjoy it as is, or top with tasty things like Aquafaba Granola, banana, coconut butter, coconut flakes, and hemp seeds!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Creamy Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
- 2 packets frozen dragon fruit* (unsweetened // we like PitayaPlus brand)
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (or other fruit of choice)
- 2 medium ripe bananas previously peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder (right now, we like Nuzest and Tropeaka)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup dairy-free milk (we used DIY Coconut Milk)
- Coconut flakes
- Fresh fruit
- Hemp seeds
- To a high-speed blender, add frozen dragon fruit, frozen raspberries, banana, protein powder, and dairy-free milk (starting with lower end of range). Blend until creamy and smooth. The trick to a thick smoothie bowl is being patient and blending slowly, adding only as much liquid as necessary, and using a smoothie wand (or something comparable that's blender safe) to scrape the sides down as it blends.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more banana for sweetness, dairy-free milk for creaminess, or berries for more intense berry flavor.
- Divide between serving bowls and enjoy as is or top with fruit fruit, granola, hemp seeds, and coconut flakes (optional).
- Best when fresh. Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 24 hours. Freeze for longer-term storage. Or freeze in ice cube mold to use in future smoothies.
*1 scoop Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder equals approximately 12g.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with coconut milk, Nuzest vanilla protein powder, and without toppings.