This is another dish inspired by our time in Oslo, Norway.
For only spending 24 hours there, I’m still a little perplexed as to how I managed to gain two completely different ideas for the blog. I’m not complaining, and neither are my taste buds. Let’s make some simple, healthy dessert, shall we?
When we’re traveling, it’s often difficult to find anything sweet outside of dairy-free chocolate at the grocery store. So when we stumbled upon a local cafe that had some vegan options, I was thrilled.
Because of the language gap, I wasn’t quite sure what I was ordering. But I knew it was “dairy-free” and a “pudding” and it had “berries.” Good enough for me.
This recipe is quite basic and simple, requiring just 6 ingredients and 1 bowl (food processor).
The idea is simple: Kind of like a thicker banana berry-based smoothie with hemp seeds and chia seeds. The result is a naturally-sweet “pudding” that’s perfect for snacking or a lighter dessert.
It almost goes without saying, but this dessert is packed with free-radical fighting antioxidants thanks to the berries, potassium from the bananas, Omega 3 fatty acids and protein from the chia seeds, and all 20 amino acids (including the 9 amino acids our bodies can’t produce) from the hemp seeds. Thanks hemp seeds!
Oh, and cinnamon helps stabilize blood sugar levels. Thanks cinnamon!
I hope you all love this pudding! It’s:
Loaded with healthy ingredients
Easy to make
This is the perfect treat to have around when you need something quick for breakfast or a snack or you’re craving a healthier dessert. I enjoyed mine after dishing on some chana masala and it was the perfect sweet ending to my night.
If you give this recipe a try, let us know what you think! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see what you came up with. Cheers, friends!
Banana & Berry Hemp Seed Pudding
- 2 just ripe (not overripe) bananas, (peeled // if too ripe, the flavor can be overwhelming)
- 2 cups organic berries* (fresh or, if frozen, thawed)
- 2 Tbsp light coconut milk (or almond milk)
- maple syrup or pitted dates (optional // to taste)
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds*
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Add bananas, berries, and coconut milk to a food processor and mix to combine. Then taste and adjust sweetness if needed, adding either maple syrup or pitted dates (optional) and blending to combine.
- Next, add hemp seeds, chia seeds, and cinnamon (see photo), and pulse to combine. Transfer to 3-4 serving dishes (I love these ones from World Market // use fewer or more serving dishes if altering batch size).
- Cover and refrigerate to chill for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. Will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
*Hemp seeds can be difficult to digest for some people. If you have trouble tolerating them, sub an additional 1-2 Tbsp (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) chia seeds or flaxseed meal.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without additional toppings.
Leave a Comment & Rating!