Lunchboxes, rejoice! The perfect homemade crackers do exist, and they happen to be vegan and gluten-free! These almond flour crackers are nutty, salty, crisp, and super snackable. Enjoy them on their own or pair with your favorite dips!
Just 7 ingredients, 1 bowl, and 25 minutes required for these simple, grain-free crackers. Let’s get baking!
How to Make Almond Flour Crackers
These gluten-free almond flour crackers start with the perfect combination of dry ingredients. Almond flour (obvi!), tapioca starch, and flaxseed meal combine for a snappy yet structured result. Salt and optional garlic powder add savory flavor!
Next come the olive oil, maple syrup, and water. Oil helps create that classic, crispy cracker texture, while maple syrup balances the flavor and water brings everything together.
Then it’s as simple as rolling out the dough and cutting with a knife (no cookie cutters or special equipment needed)! Finally, bake the crackers for ~20 minutes and let cool completely (we know, it’s hard) before enjoying. YAY!
We hope you LOVE these almond flour crackers! They’re:
& Super snackable!
Pack them in lunchboxes as a healthful snack or serve with your favorite dip! They pair well with our Kale & White Bean Artichoke Dip, Easy 5-Minute Microwave Hummus, or Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter if leaving out the garlic powder!
More Lunchbox Snacks
- Easy Seed Crackers with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Crispy Gluten-Free Graham Crackers (Vegan)
- Easy Flourless Granola Cookies
- No-Bake Vegan Protein Bars (4 Ingredients!)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Almond Flour Crackers (1 Bowl!)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (we prefer Wellbee’s)
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch)
- 1 ½ tsp flaxseed meal (ground flax seeds)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp maple syrup
- 2 ½ Tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F (162 C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add almond flour, tapioca flour, flaxseed meal, salt, baking soda, and garlic powder (optional). Stir well to combine, breaking up any clumps.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the olive oil and maple syrup. Use a fork or clean hands to work the oil and maple syrup into the flour mixture evenly. Now stir in the water. You can use your hands to knead the dough in the bowl to form a cohesive dough. If too dry, add additional water 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Place a piece of parchment paper over your work surface and place the dough on top. Shape the dough into a rough rectangle and place another piece of parchment on top of it. Roll the dough out until it’s ~1/16 inch thick. Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the crackers into roughly 1 ½-inch squares. Use a metal spatula or knife to transfer the crackers onto your parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the crackers for 17-22 minutes, until golden. Bake time will depend on the thickness of the crackers. Watch them carefully — they start to brown quickly near the end. Let cool completely on the pan before enjoying.
- Store leftover crackers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.