The obsession with banana bread (hello 1, 2, 3, and 4) and Nutella continues!
For those of you who made my 4-Ingredient Nutella a few weeks back, you’re in luck! I have the perfect recipe for you to put it to good use.
This banana bread requires just 1 bowl, is both vegan and gluten-free, and gets a decadent touch from a thick Nutella swirl. What more could you ask for?
After some quality time in the oven it comes out looking like heaven in a loaf pan. But resist the temptation to dig in right away! Due to the mix of gluten free flours and the flax egg, it’s a bit more tender and benefits greatly from cooling completely.
Bonus? It’s even more amazing the next day!
I think you guys are going to LOVE this bread! It’s:
This bread makes the perfect take-along breakfast, snack, or even a dessert. I absolutely adore the way the Nutella bakes into the top layer and creates a chocolate-hazelnut crust. I found myself grabbing for the top of the slice and really savoring it.
If you give this recipe a try, let us know what you think! Leave a comment or rate it, and be sure to take a picture and tag it #minimalistbaker on Instagram! We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
1 Bowl Nutella Banana Bread (Vegan + GF)
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal (to make flax egg)
- 2 ½ Tbsp water (to make flax egg)
- 3 medium ripe bananas (3 bananas yield ~1.5 cups or 425 g)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or sub cane sugar)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp maple syrup (depending on sweetness of banana)
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or other milk
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend (if not gluten-free, sub unbleached all-purpose flour)
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup Vegan Nutella or sub peanut or almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed meal and water in a large mixing bowl and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add banana and mash well with a fork, leaving only a few chunky pieces. You want it pretty smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients through almond milk and whisk vigorously to combine. Last add almond meal, gluten free flour blend and oats and stir well to combine.
- Pour into the pan and smooth with a spoon, then drizzle on Nutella. Take a knife or skewer and swirl to loosely disperse.
- Bake for 1 hour 5 minutes – 1 hour 15 minutes. When done, it should feel firm and be crackly and golden brown on top.
- Let rest in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool. Let cool completely before cutting or it will be too tender to hold form. It’s best the next day!
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature for up to a few days. Slice and freeze for longer term storage.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
*For the gluten free-flour blend, either use my DIY blend listed above, or the Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Blend.
Leave a Comment & Rating!