Creamy, rich vegan pudding that tastes like tiramisu and comes together with just 7 simple ingredients!? This is what dessert dreams are made of, friends! This tiramisu-inspired dessert features a decadent, coffee-infused, cashew-based pudding topped with a thin layer of chocolate ganache.
It’s an easy, no-bake, crowd-pleasing dessert perfect for hot summer days, holidays, and beyond. Bonus? It comes together effortlessly, with just 20 minutes of hands-on prep time required. Let us show you how it’s done!
As you may have noticed, we’re into simple here at MB (all of our recipes require 10 ingredients or less, 1 bowl, or 30 minutes or less to prepare). But there are some dreamy desserts (like tiramisu) that are tricky to fit within those parameters!
To satisfy the tiramisu craving without the effort, we put our brains together and got into the kitchen, and the result is even better than we imagined. Get your spoons ready!
How to Make Tiramisu Pudding
This tiramisu-inspired pudding starts with soaking cashews to soften them, create a more mild flavor, and achieve a thick and creamy texture.
Next, we blend the soaked cashews with coconut milk for richness and maple syrup for natural sweetness. Vanilla extract, coffee, and sea salt infuse the pudding with tiramisu-inspired flavor!
The result is a rich, creamy, coffee-infused pudding ready to divide between serving glasses (small dessert glasses are pretty!) and place in the refrigerator to chill.
The last step is making the 2-ingredient chocolate ganache. Pour warm coconut milk over chopped dark chocolate, then let it melt and whisk until smooth. Spread it over the pudding, then chill once more. Once the ganache is a semi-firm texture, this dessert is ready for devouring!
We hope you LOVE this tiramisu pudding! It’s:
Quick & easy
& SO decadent!
It’s the perfect dessert for hot summer days, holiday gatherings, Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, and beyond! While amazing on its own, this pudding would also pair well with lady fingers, toffee, or our Easy Almond Brittle (4 Ingredients).
More Italian-Inspired Recipes
- 1-Pot Vegan Minestrone (Gluten-Free)
- Creamy Vegetable Risotto (30 Minutes!)
- Heirloom Tomato Panzanella Salad
- Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Vegan Tiramisu Pudding Cups
STRONG BREWED COFFEE
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee (decaf optional // we used Mount Hagen)
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup canned full-fat coconut milk*
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp strong brewed coffee (from step 2)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped vegan dark chocolate (we like Trader Joe’s 72% dark chocolate bar // or vegan dark chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- CASHEWS: Add the cashews to a heat-proof bowl and cover with hot water by at least 1-2 inches. Soak for 20-30 minutes.
- COFFEE: Meanwhile, prepare the super strong coffee by adding instant coffee and hot water to a mug and stirring until dissolved.
- Once the cashews are done soaking, drain them and discard the soaking water.
- PUDDING: To a high-speed blender, add the soaked and drained cashews and other remaining ingredients for the pudding (coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, strong brewed coffee, and salt). Blend until creamy and smooth. If needed, add more coconut milk 1 Tbsp (15 ml) at a time to encourage blending (we didn’t need any), but avoid adding too much — you want the pudding to be thick.
- Divide the pudding between serving glasses (shallow, wide dessert glasses are best — like these) — we like adding ~3-4 Tbsp per glass. It’s rich! Set in the refrigerator to chill.
- GANACHE: Meanwhile, add the finely chopped dark chocolate to a medium mixing bowl. To a separate glass mixing bowl, add coconut milk and microwave until hot but not boiling (alternatively, heat in a saucepan on the stovetop until very hot). Pour the coconut milk directly over the chopped chocolate. Do not stir. Cover with a lid or a piece of aluminum foil to encourage it to melt. Let the chocolate sit, covered, for ~5 minutes to melt.
- After 5 minutes, uncover then whisk to combine. The mixture should be entirely melted and smooth. If it’s not, heat in the microwave in 20-30 second increments until entirely smooth and no chunks remain. (Alternatively, set your glass or ceramic mixing bowl over a double boiler on the stovetop to melt).
- Remove the pudding glasses from the refrigerator and add a thin layer of ganache on top of each (we like ~1 Tbsp per glass), spreading with a spoon until smooth.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, until the pudding is chilled and the ganache is semi-firm to the touch. To chill faster, you can set in the freezer for ~20-25 minutes. Optionally, make it even prettier by adding cocoa powder to a fine mesh strainer and shaking gently over the dishes to add a light dusting.
- Enjoy chilled for best texture/flavor! Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
*Prep time includes soaking cashews and chilling pudding.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.